17 | Below Water

You Know It by Colony House

🔲🔲🔲

George hit the snare with thrill. Safe followed the same rhythm with her white electric guitar, bitten smile of excitement slowly filling her up. He did it again, Fred following with his black electric guitar that matched with Safe's. And he done it two more times with both guitars harmonizing with his beat.

He began stepping on the bass and the people in the Gryffindor common room began to cheer. "Take that picture from that frame. I put it in my pocket so that every day you're with me... I keep you close to my heart." Fred winked at the girls that sat on the couch, squealing at his charm. George saw Safe's rolling eyes and reddening cheeks. He shook his head and chuckled at the tension between his brother and his best friend have whenever they duet a song.

"Give me one more kiss before the boys arrive. Nashville to San Francisco is a hell of a drive, but don't worry, the Lord is good when the road is wrong." Fred sang with his hoarse voice, looking at Safe from time to time. It was the weirdest song they've ever performed. None of them has been to America, besides Safe who went last year with her Aunt Torri the first month of summer. She told them about the song and how she wanted to jam with it once she came back to spend the last month of summer at the Burrow.

George who could see everything from behind only smiled cheeky. He loved teasing them, he loved seeing their denial faces. "And we'll be back before you know, you know it. La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la. I said you know, you know it. La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la. Woo!" His twin began to shower in sweat. This was their sixth song of the night. Fred turned to Safe and gave her a nod to remind her that it's her turn.

She glided her left hand down the base of the guitar and went back up as quick as she descended. Boys who stared at her as she rocked out the song made Fred cringe. "All the pretty people and the places I've seen make up for every dollar 'cause I'm living the dream. I ain't worried, I'll be fine..." Her voice was angelic, sweet and seductive, they always loved her talented skills. Lee began to jump next to Safe, brushing their backs as they leaned against each other as he played his silvery blue bass guitar.

"Because the tank ain't empty but it's feeling low. I'm sorry San Francisco but I just got to go home, to my baby, because he's holding it down." She swooned her body that made all three boys chuckle silently. She was their flower, the only girl that they'd let in in their dorm. Music always allowed her to loosen up, which was why the twins and Lee began learning how to play an instrument or two their second year in Hogwarts for that sole purpose, to let her lose her strict.

Safe turned to George, facing her back on their wild audience. She smiled warmly and sat on the bass that sent vibrations to her whole body. George laughed at his tipsy friend. "But we'll be back before you know, you know it. La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la. I said you know, you know it. La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la!" She winked at George playfully. She always loved to set people's attention to George. Since he was in the back, most people tend to forget about him. It was her way of reminding everyone that he was attractive as well as them leading the performance, which always worked out, hearing all the girls squeal his name.

"But when the days grow long she's alright, hey! Every night I know that she's still mine." Fred dramatically propelled his right arm as he strummed. George yelled rubbish! that made Fred turn to him and stick his tongue out.

"But don't you break my heart. You're the only guarantee I've got. Hold on a little longer I'll be back right to you!" Safe jumped to amplify her strum, her back leaning as she went in for her guitar solo, that Fred allegedly took dibs on doing but Lee and George voted on letting her have her fun.