Operation: Sneaking Out

Chapter 4

~*~

I had finished packing and rode in a jeep with Jeff, our driver. When I got there I thought I was going to gag, the place was dirty and when I opened the door I was masked in pure musk like people hadn’t showered in days, or maybe even weeks, but because I’m not wimpy, I stepped out of the car, and was extremely glad I wasn’t a girly-girl wearing pink, or rainbow colors. I slowly walked to where they told me my cabin, or whatever they called it, was. I entered the dirty smelly cabin thingy and set my only suitcase on my creaky bottom bunk; I changed into my military uniform and went out the door. I jogged to where my mom told me to go and stood in the line. A girl about a few years older than me was yelling at everyone.

"YOU’RE LATE DROP AND GIMME 50!" she yelled at me.

Excuse me?

"50 what? ‘Cause I’m not giving you 50 yen" I asked. They all stared at me like I had three heads.

"She means 50 pushups" said the girl next to me.

"I know, I’m Akira, you?" I said.

"I’m Eiko" she said and smiled while I started with my 50 pushups.

I finished my pushups and caught up to everyone doing an obstacle course, racing through it, thus getting very muddy in the process.

Military school is gonna suck.

~~>A YEAR LATER< ~~

I entered my smelly cabin after finishing the last obstacle course for the day, it was currently 7pm half an hour before dinner, that when we get our mail and of course get ready for dinner. My MSBF (military school best friend) Eiko had the bunk on top of mine as we got changed into clean clothes, along with everyone else.

"I HAVE MAIL!!" Said Ayako, the captain of the cabin. You see each year a senior gets assigned to a cabin if the 'principal' thinks they can handle it, and this year our cabin, #4, got assigned to Ayako. How do I know this? 1; cause Eiko told me, and 2; cause I’ve been here for about a year now, yup I’m a sophomore, and yes I did spend summer here, but it wasn’t that bad cause Eiko kept me somewhat busy. I got snapped out of my thoughts by someone snapping their fingers in my face.

"Hellooo, earth to Akira!" Eiko said snapping her fingers in my face, I grabbed her fingers so she can’t snap anymore, and she sighed in relief, "I thought you would never come out of that trance" she said smiling, "now could you let go, you have a letter" she pointed to an envelope beside me.

I looked at the return address and it said 'Uchiha mansion, Sasuke Uchiha' and some other things I didn’t bother to read. What could Sasuke possibly want to send me, and how did he get the address anyway?

((Kiba))

I walked through the crowded halls of KHS scanning the halls beforehand so as not to get attacked by fangirls, but a certain poster caught my attention for reasons unknown to me.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'
Come one Come all
2 the annual Halloween
Fall Ball
location: Konoha high Gymnasium
Date: Friday October 31
Time:8:00pm-10:00pm
Ticket Price:¥5
Don’t forget to wear a costume
'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

An image of Akira popped into my mind as I read the information on the poster provided by the school council. I just sighed and kept walking.

I entered class right as the late bell rung and went to my seat. This class was extra boring, so boring that I fell asleep.

I woke to the bell signaling that the class is over, I walked out of the class and met up with the rest of the group; naruto was talking about who he was going to ask even if the poster said you didn’t have to ask anyone.

"Too bad Aki-chan can’t come" naruto said sadly and I nodded in agreement.

"Maybe she can come" Shikamaru said.

"How?" I asked.

"Do you know which military school she got sent to?" he asks Sasuke.

"Yea, why" he replied.

"We could send her a ticket" he said.

"But how would she get out?" I asked.

"She’ll find a way, she sneaks out of the house all the time, and we have guards by her door" Sasuke says.

Ok then she better come, I wonder how she looks now

"So when do we send it?" naruto asks surprisingly quiet.

"I’ll send it today" Sasuke says.

"Alright don’t forget" I said.

"How troublesome" Shikamaru murmured.

"IT WAS YOUR IDEA!!" naruto yelled.

((YOU))
I opened the envelope and pulled out a letter and something else dropped from the envelope, I picked it up and opened the letter from Sasuke. "Oh oh what does it say!?" Eiko asked jumping on my creaky bed. "Will you let me read it" I said half annoyed at her energy. I started reading:

Dear Akira
I know you’re probably wondering why I decided to send you a letter, well you see, we all miss you very much and want you to attend Konoha high's annual Halloween fall costume ball. It’s located in the gym on Friday 31, aka Halloween, at 8:00pm, we would all like you to come, especially Kiba, and I know mom and dad won’t let you attend if you ask them so I’ll leave it up to you to sneak out. I’ll see you there.
-Sasuke

P.S I got you a ticket, it’s in the envelope

I looked at the ticket. He’s leaving it to me to sneak out?? And what does he mean by especially Kiba, wait that means they haven’t forgotten me then! Wait, costume ball! I searched through my suitcases and found the witch costume I bought but couldn’t wear.

"So what does it say?? And why are you searching your bag?" Eiko questioned.

"I’ll tell you later" I answered.

"But I wanna know now" she whined while bouncing up and down.

~~>HALLOWEEN< ~~

Everyone was allowed to go home for Halloween but me so I took the chance and got dressed in my witch outfit, I put on a cloak and dashed out the door, everyone thought I went home too, I checked my phone and remembered they allowed me to call emergency numbers which included Jeff, our driver, so I called. He picked up one the second ring.

"Moshi moshi, Jeff?" I asked into the phone.

"Yes Akira-sama" he answered.

"Come pick me up" I said.

"Where is it you need to go? Sasuke-sama said you might need my help with something" he said. Jeff always broke the rules for me; he’s my favorite out of all our workers.

"Konoha high" I said smiling.

"Hai, I’ll be there in a min" he said and we hung up. I went to the fences and saw the guards.

"Hi, I’m gonna be leaving for home now" I said.

"Why didn’t you leave earlier?" one of the guards asked.

"Because I didn’t have a ride then, and I have one now" I answered. They looked at each other before shrugging

"Uh... Alright then" the other said and opened the gate.

I stepped out just as Jeff arrived in the limo. I got in the back and we headed for Konoha high.

"You won’t tell them right?" I asked just to make sure. "Why would I?" he answered. We rode for another 30mins until we arrived on konoha high school campus; I stepped out of the limo and stood in front of the large building and took a deep breath, and opened the door to the gym.