Operation: Suck up

Chapter 8

~*9 Months Later*~

I was on the main couch in the dorm room we get for the summer, you’d think it would be nasty and all but it’s surprisingly clean and very good actually, it comes with a TV, and all those other appliances; it actually has a built in kitchen if anyone wants to cook. It’s sorta like an apartment you know.

Eiko lives in the dorm with me, sure its kinda boring but this is all I have to do nowadays. But today something went a little different, you see for the past few months I’ve been working on operation: suck up, but so far no go.

Sasuke and them sometimes send me letters but like once a month, I’ve gotten real bored, I mean REAL bored.

"Akira you have mail" Eiko says from the door, I look up. That’s strange; I’m sure Sasuke already sent me mail for this month. I got and went over to her, she handed me the mail and I opened it, talking out a letter.

Dear Akira
we’re very glad you're doing well, and we sent this letter to info you that you are welcome to come back home because of you good behavior, a huge improvement. We really appreciate your effort to change your ways, and all that work has paid off, you may get some time to pack your stuff. Also because of your huge effort we hereby allow you to use your phone once again. We hope to see you soon.
-Mom and Dad

"What does it say?" Eiko asked me when I looked up.

"I can come home" I said quietly. Silence overcame us.

"That’s a good thing right?" she asked breaking the silence. "I guess" I said looking down.

"What do you mean you guess?!" she asked raising her voice a little.

"I have to leave you then" I said meeting her eyes, she looked down realizing what I just said was true.

"Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine, just go back to konoha, this is your only chance" she says finally.

I thought for a minute, we have more than enough space at the mansion, who says she can’t come with me.

"If I leave, you’re coming with me" I said at last.

"What?! Are you on crack?!?! I can’t come with you!!" she said shaking her head and went to sit down.

I sighed, "so what you’re tell me is, you'd rather stay at military school, rather than come to konoha and live in a mansion?" I asked standing right above her, looking down with a I-don’t-believe-you face.

"You have a mansion??" she asks astonished. "Uh yea, I thought you knew that" I said sitting down next to her.

"No! Of course not" she said.

"So are you coming or not?" I asked, she sighed.

"Fine, but I don’t want special treatment" she said.

"Why would anyone give you special treatment?" I asked; her eyes widened.

"n-no reason!" she said quickly.

"No say it, it’s not like I would tell anyone" I said.

She sighed. "I’m an orphan, my parents were murdered so the principal took me in, although he doesn’t even care about me" she said sadly.

"Aww, poor you!" I said and glomped her.

"Akira...Get off!" she said.

I got off and stood up. Wait the letter said I could use my phone didn’t it? "Hold on Eiko" I said and took out my phone from my abandoned purse and pressed #2. It rung twice before my mom pick up.