After Party

Chapter 53

~*~

“Hmm” I searched the huge rack of clothes for Kiba to wear.

I searched for a few more seconds before grinning and picking out a black long-sleeved sweater, a black puffy jacket with brown faux fur around the hood; the jacket had no sleeves, and a pair of jeans.

I handed them to him and went on another search, this time to find something for Sasuke to wear.

I pulled out a black hoodie with the word ‘rebel’ in designed letters, black jeans, and black converse.

I handed those to Sasuke and continued to help the rest with their, actually they’re mine, clothes.

This went on for a while before I finally got to the last one.

“Alright, sign here…and here… and here. Thank you for borrowing my clothing’s for tomorrow, don’t forget that if you fail to return them, you will have to pay full price plus tax, right?” I glared, and he quickly nodded, running out the door as I handed him his copy of the receipt.

I sigh and walked over to Kiba and sat down next to him. He immediately started fidgeting with his zipper.

My eyes widened, “don’t do that, it’s very fragile” I said placing my hand on top of his to stop him.

((Kiba))

Just like I thought, she only cares about her stupid zipper.

I pulled my hand away from hers and I notice the shock and sadness in her eyes.

Just great, I hurt her. I inwardly punched myself.

“Kiba, are you mad at me?” she asked silently, I looked at her feeling guilty.

“What?! No! Why would I be mad at you?” she looked away and shrugged. I placed my thumb and forefinger on her chin and made her look at me; I lowered myself and kissed her, she kissed back almost immediately.

I pulled away after a few seconds, and hugged her tight.

“What’s there to be mad at?” I whispered in her ear.

I felt her relax and hug me back.

She pulled back and looked at me curiously, “but, if you’re not mad at me, then why did you look so angry at the fashion show?” I blinked as my eyes got a smidge wider.

I stalled for a few seconds, but she was still awaiting an answer.

Finally, after sighing I gave in, “I just hated how they were looking at you, like you were a piece of meat of something, not like a Gift to keep and treasure” my eyes widened, did I really just say all that.

Dammit! Kiba you dumbass!

Watch what you say!

I inwardly scolded myself. I forced myself to look at her and saw her eyes were wide and glassy.

They looked beautiful, and her mouth was slightly open in shock. She opened her mouth a little more to say something but closed it again, then she looked up and smiled at me, I blinked in confusion.

I thought she didn’t like all those ‘cheesy compliments’, her words not mine, but here she was smiling at me.

Wait, you don’t think maybe she could…Nah.

((Akira))

I noticed his nervousness and smiled softly. He’s embarrassed, that is so cute.