A week in Suna: Day 3

Chapter 41

~*~

((Sora))

For the whole of yesterday, I stayed at home thinking about what Gaara and Akira could possibly have together, I came up with nothing.

I sighed many times and eventually gave up; I just couldn’t see Akira and Gaara together.

I made sure all the work, in the mansion, was done and headed for the park to clear my head.

I sighed, walking aimlessly around the empty park.

I was tempted to sit on a swing but I heard voices and like the extremely nosy person I am, I had to investigate.

I followed the voices and hid behind a swing. “I-I love you” my eyes widened, that was Gaara’s voice, I took a peek and saw Akira smiling.

I guess Gaara does like Akira. God! I felt like crap! Worse than crap, more like pig crap!! And guess what I did next, up u got it, that is if you guessed, run away before anyone could see you.

I am such a wimp.

Sigh.

((Akira))

“that was alright, I mean I did say that she likes it straight up, but maybe we need more work” I said and he looked down, I didn’t mean to bring him down or anything, I was just being truthful.

“Look you don’t have to say the exact words ‘I love you’ or anything, I just want you to say whatever you mean, if you don’t mean it, don’t say it” I said.

He nodded, “but I do mean it” I smiled and was about to say ‘awww’ but I decided against it.

“You go g—guy!! Yea, that’s what I meant to say” I said, running a hand through my thick black hair.

He just smirked.

“I gotta go, okay, Sora’s probably waiting” he nodded and waved, I waved also and walked back to Sora’s house/mansion.

~*~

I sighed and opened the door to the mansion; it took forever getting up to the door in the first place, cause of the gate and the mega huge lawn.

It’s a surprise that it’s smaller than the Uchiha mansion.

The lights turned on as soon as I got inside.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Sora, who was in a huge chair, she was glaring at me.

“Where were you!?” she asked still glaring.

“At the park” I said, hey it was still the truth.

“I know, I saw you”

I raised an eyebrow, “then why did you ask?” I asked looking at her weirdly.

“I’ll be asking the questions!!” she yelled at me.

I flinched and raised my hands up in mock defense. “Ok ok” she huffed and looked down

“Why did Gaara say he loved you” my eyes widened and my jaw dropped, she had heard us?!

“Gaara doesn’t love me” I said trying to keep cool.

“You think Gaara would just say ‘I LOVE YOU’ for no reason?!?!” she said emphasizing the ‘I love you’ part.

“He said it for a reason…” I said trailing off, and looking down.

“So he does love you and not me” she said quietly.

“No Sora, he--” I stopped myself from saying the rest; it would ruin the whole surprise.

“He what? Akira. huh? He what?!” she asked raising her voice again.

“I can’t tell you, I’m sorry” I said biting back tears.

If I know one thing about Sora, it’s that she hates people keeping things from her, even if it’s just gossip, that’s why she doesn’t like surprises.

“What, so now you can’t trust me? Well fine!! You can just leave then!!” she said not giving me a chance to answer.

“Wait Sora, you don’t understand!” I said taking a step forward.

“I don’t seem to understand anything anymore!” she said glaring even harder, if that was even possible.

“That’s not true” I said quietly taking another step forward.

“Just get out Akira, I don’t wanna see you right now” she said, I was shocked, beyond shocked.

“Wait Sora--” I started,

“JUST GET OUT AKIRA!!”She yelled, I just stood there frozen, she had never yelled at me like that before.

I looked down and sulked to the door, opening it and stepping outside, closing the door softly behind me.

I ended up sleeping in my car, but it was no biggie since it wasn’t cold.

Sigh.

I hope she doesn’t hate me, I thought as I tears fell from my eyes.