Jealous! Teru x reader

what if i cosplayed hanako haha jkjk unless 👀
Requested by @123456789wolf12

*will be written in Teru's POV*

I had no reason to be jealous. I was a calm, sophisticated, level-headed older brother who had a reputation of staying cool with everyone around me— so why did it take every muscle in my body to hold back from getting up and just about punching one of those boys?

Maybe it was the fact you looked so helpless, the fact you looked so uncomfortable as they invaded your comfort zone. You were always known for preferring to spend your breaks alone after all. I had observed over a series of days how these students had taken a liking to you; first noticing you, then recognising you in the crowd, moving tables to sit closer to you and then eventually talking and sitting with you. Sure, they seemed sweet and didn't give off any vibes of ill intentions, however, anyone could tell how uncomfortable you were.

Over the days you had begun opening up, easing up around their presences and even partaking in their conversations. I was honestly really happy to see you slowly crawl out of your comfort zone but it still worried me when they got a little too friendly. Often, very rarely actually, I would spot them throwing an arm over your shoulders or grabbing your hands— friendly gestures but it was enough to make you a stuttering mess, blushing and trying to inch away from the group whom only neared you in hopes of seeing more of your adorable flustered tendencies.

"You're staring again." Akane grunted, his eyes barely even looking at him before they trailed back to the meal in front of him.

I could only give a tired sigh, pinching my nose and rubbing my eyes. "She seems uncomfortable again, that's all." I knew I didn't sound convincing at all, avoiding eye contact with my friend who only leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms. A bored expression on his face. "Fine." I finally gave in, giving up on trying to hide the silly crush that I had formed on one of my classmates. "You can't blame me, you know I'm a sucker for that type."

"Yeah, and you do a pretty shitty job at hiding it."

"Gee thanks." I groaned, rolling my eyes before resting my head on the palm of my hand— beginning to rant again, much to akane's desperation. "I'm just worried, you know? Maybe she needs someone who she's more comfortable with."

"She seems perfectly comfortable with those three."

"That's not what I mean."

"Then what do you mean Teru?" Akane raised a brow at me, inching me closer to spill the beans and get it over and done with. "Do you mean you'd rather her come running over to you? Crying for help like a damsel in distress? I'm sorry dude but I really believe l/n can take care of themselves, if you really wanna be their hero then go up to them yourself, you know too well that's the only way your plan will work." My friend shrugged, picking up another bite of his food before placing it in his mouth, munching happily.

"You're right." I ran a hand through my hair— standing from my seat as his eyes widened.

"Wait, you're going now??"

"Well, yes. Better to get it over and done with." I waved him off, walking towards your table where the group were yet again gushing over your flushed cheeks— it only added to the jealousy I was feeling, making my fists bawl up and my pacing towards the group to fasten.

"How cut-"

"Excuse me." I smiled, making the expression as innocent and friendly as possible. The group turned towards me as I held back from looking back at you; despite the urge to look at your eyes. "I'm sorry to interrupt but are you three first years by any chance?"

"Yes, why do you ask?" One of them questioned.

"Well I heard that they called all the first years to go meet up on the field outside, something about some boys who wrote on the bathroom mirrors." I bluffed, watching how they panicked before running off to the direction of the field. So it was them who i saw writing on the mirrors the other day, who knew?

"Uhm..."

I quickly turned towards my h/c coloured peer, making eye contact briefly before you shyly looked away, fidgeting with your fingers; a habit I found adorable. "Sorry, you didn't seem too comfortable with them around so I thought I'd chase them off." I explained, pulling the seat across from them out so I could sit and chat, hopefully not making them uncomfortable myself.

"Oh, thank you." You smiled. "I've been trying to get them to leave me alone for a while now but they are rather hot-headed..."

I gave a short laugh— nodding my head. "Well that's how most first years are, no surprise there. Say, if you don't want them to sit with you then why don't you come sit with me from now on?" I suggested; praying that I didn't sound too desperate. The smile that sketched onto your lips seemed to ease my worries soon enough.

"Thank you, I'd really like that Minamoto."

"Teru."

You blinked in surprise, cheeks blazing up as I gave you a playful wink. "Then please call me y/n!"

"Alright y/n." I laughed, standing up before holding out my hand towards you. "Why don't you come with me, m'lady."

A giggle escaped your lips, my cheeks warming up at your smile as you stood, grabbing onto my extended hand before doing a playful curtsy. "Why of course my good sir."