Teru x reader

Requested by @weebkat

Your soft hums echoed in the room. The book you were readying no longer catching your attention as your eyes trailed over the the window, the outside world continuing to thrive without you.

"I wonder how he's doing..."
You muttered to yourself, your mind drifting to a specific blonde haired boy.

Teru Minamoto. Your best friend.

Key word: friend.

Sadly, that's why you're here. The perfect boy just so happened to win your heart over the years you two have spent together but it seems you can't say the same about him.

And thus, the hanhaki disease was born.

It only started when the male got asked if he would date you by a friend of his. Though at the time you agreed with Teru, saying that friendship is the only relationship you two could possibly have, you now realise your heart wanted something else.

And thus, once you got home that day. You coughed up your first petal. A yellow carnation petal, signifying rejection.

A knock broke you out of your thoughts as you turned to look at the petite nurse. Her porcelain skin making her look like those beautiful, and kind of creepy, Asian dolls.

"Minamoto is here to see you. Should I let him in?"
She asked softly as you hummed.

"Yes, thank you."
You smiled, watching her nod before leaving to allow the boy to enter.

Thankfully, in the months that you've spent here at the hospital, you've been able to grow closer with some of the nurses and doctors. Our Asian doll being one of the main ones so you're great full for them making sure if you're okay with seeing the male who caused this before letting him in.

"Hey."
A charming voice called, your cheeks instantly gaining colour in contrast to your now ghostly pale skin.

"Teru Minamoto. About time you came to visit me again."
You laughed, watching him set down the forget-me-nots on your bed side table before taking a seat on a chair next to your bed.

"I literally came to see you yesterday."
He laughed, running a hand through his hair before adjusting his bag and sword so they'd lay comfortably on the ground.

"I know,"
You rolled your eyes, a soft smile soon after appearing on your lips.
"I just miss you too easily."

A playful smirk appeared on his lips.
"Is that a confession? Cause if so, save it for the dude that put you in here"
He laughed, missing the sadness that settled in your orbs. Soon vanishing.
"So when are they going to do the surgery?"
He asked.

You hummed for a second, the thorns that threatened to spill, itching your throat.

"I think they said in a couple of days. I'm not sure."
You shrugged.

Thankfully, you had spent enough time with the disease to contain the flowers and thorns. Basically making it seem like Teru was not the one causing this.

The male nodded.
"You're never gonna tell me who it is, are you?"
He asked, his hand landing on your own as your cheeks heated up.

"Nope. There's no point anyways."
You laughed, pulling your hand away from his before the heart monitor gave away your speeding heart beat.
"I'll forget about these feelings in a few days."

A frown settled on his face. Soon shaking his head.

"As long as you get better then so be it. Just know you can tell me anything."
He smiled, getting up from his seat as he took hold of his stuff.
"I'll see you tomorrow."

And with that, he was gone. Allowing your tears to roll out of your stinging eyes as sobs echoed in the room.

"How do you feel?"
You heard the doctor ask, the surgery apparently being a success as you rubbed your eyes.

"Sleepy."
You replied, earning a laugh from the doctors and nurses in the room.

"Y/n."
Your doll nurse called out, her big and beautiful eyes staring at you softly.
"I'm going to bring Minamoto in to see if it all went well. Is that okay with you?"
She asked as you politely nodded your head, watching her open the door for to wave in the blonde haired male.

"Hey."
He smiled.
"How did it go?"

You stared at his smile for a moment, your heartbeat on the monitor staying steady as the people in the room inspected your reaction.

Your eyes were emotionless, something that sadly came as a price for the surgery. The feeling of flowers and thorns clawing at your throat now missing. The feeling of your cheeks no longer heating up at the sight of him making you feel slightly awkward.

But after a minute, you finally replied.

"Good."