Asylum- pt 3

I don't know what the HECK happened overnight but I woke up to 110 notifications and THIRTEEN new followers??? And like I'm STILL getting a bunch of notifications of followers and votes on my stories and comments and people adding my things to their reading lists??? Thank you all so much,, I didn't think ANYONE would like my stories but AHHH THANK YOU 🥺💞
But I'd like to say welcome new readers,,, I love y'all v v much so thank you for all the love,,,

Also quick question.
Once I finish my future books which will be all my kny x readers, the tpn book, the NEW tbhk x reader books (which you should check out cause I'll be starting those stories v v soon)
Then would y'all prefer to see a bts x reader (preferably suga, j-hope and RM but will do the others probably), a dr stone x reader or a haikyuu x reader?
Honestly wanna die with all the books I wanna do hehe.

WARNING: mentions of mental disorders, depression, violence, self harm, anxiety and other problems will be mentioned in this one-shot. Please read with caution if sensitive to that.

So maybe your last patient was a bit more on the unstable side than you thought he would be. Honestly didn't expect him to lash out like that but you were thankful that you were safe and sound.

Thus, you began your walk towards your next patient.

Kou Minamoto

Kou has shown various signs of depression and insomnia over the years, especially after his brother, Teru Minamoto, believed he was a ghost exterminator and put that weight onto Kou.

Hes very shy and quiet but not dangerous to anyone but himself.

If he's found having a mental breakdown then resort to physical comfort.
Hugs, back rubs, head pats.

Keep away from sharp things at all costs.

Your eyes softened, obviously feelings bad for the feelings that these people experienced. But that's why you were here. To help them cope and leave their unhealthy habits behind.

So with a deep breath, you threw open the door.

Kou was a sweetheart. To put it short. He welcomed you with a shy smile and genuinely put in effort to keep the conversation between you two going. He asked you about your day, your likes and dislikes, your favourite animals and your favourite food.

It almost felt as if you were talking to someone you'd meet in the outside world.

But he was still unstable. That was made obvious when you brought up Amane.

"Yes, I've met mitsuba and Amane before I came to see you."
You smiled, the boy instantly freezing up at the mere mention of both names.

"Kou?"
You asked worriedly, taking note of her change in demeanour as he shook his head and sent you a reassuring smile.

"Sorry. Just space out sometimes, that's all."
He grinned, though you knew that there was something more to it.

"Is there anything wrong with mitsuba and Amane?"
You asked carefully, making sure not to push any buttons as the male ran a hand through his soft hair.

"No, they're fine. It's just, when me and my brother were free, Teru told me that they were ghosts and wanted me to exterminate them."
He chuckled, your eyes softening sadly as he looked down.
"I almost believed him. It didn't help that hanako was dead set on being a ghost, almost made me do something I wouldn't have been able to live with, you know?"

You nodded your head sadly, placing a hand on his back while rubbing soothing circles with your thumb. A gesture to which he happily accepted.

"I'm proud that you didn't let it get to your head. I promise I'll help both you, your brother and everyone else here. You'll all be free soon enough, I just need you all to work with me."
You soothed.

Blue eyes stared into you e/c ones, happiness and relief swirling in them making the dull room you were in almost ten times brighter. And his smile made it all the more lighter.

"Thanks y/n."
He grinned, though soon realisation kicked in as his eyes widened.
"S-sorry! I mean mrs l/n-"

A giggle escaped your lips as you placed a soft hand on his hair, patting the area softly as he immediately stopped his stuttering.

"Y/n is fine, dont you worry."
You grinned.

The session went by smoothly for the rest of the hour, the male was happy and content and you had a genuine good time learning all about his family and adventures with friends.

Though soon, you had to leave to check on your last few patients.

"I had a fun time Kou."
You smiled as he stood in front of you, patiently waiting for you to leave.

A goofy grin settled onto his lips as he nodded enthusiastically.
"Yeah! I hope you come around more often y/n."

Your heart fluttered, happy to know that you were at least brightening up these peoples days. Even if it was just for an hour.

"I'll be visiting daily Kou so don't miss me too much."
You joked, a statement to which he laughed to as he waved you off.

And off to your next patient you were.

A smile on your face and a skip in your step.