Under the willow tree

Some say that the worlds most beautiful moments can happen at the most unsuspected places. The feeling of euphoria that would rush through ones veins once being exposed to a setting like that would be one you would only feel once in a lifetime. From falling in love to discovering something new and exciting, the most beautiful moments happen to those who are patient and welcoming. And underneath the willow tree, a beautiful moment was awaiting him.

Years had passed since Amane had successfully finished school, happily taking up a job as a science teacher to stay close to the school that miraculously always felt like the home he never got. It was warm and secure, a feeling of safety flowing through each corridor. A feeling that couldn't compare to the uncomfortable he felt back at his childhood home.

"Going home late again Mr Yugi?"
A deep voice called out, pulling him out of his thoughts as his bright golden orbs snapped up to meet those of the English head teacher.

"What can i tell you, I've always enjoyed walking home under the stars."
He laughed off, smiling at the chuckling man who soon bid farewell, leaving the dark haired male to finish marking the most recent science test answers.

The school was quiet, but not yet abandoned. He knew he wasn't the only teacher that enjoyed staying after hours, though there were only very little left in the vast building. It never bothered him though, never having been scared to be alone even in a building as big and taunting as this one. What did scare him though, was the flashes of lost memories that would flash past him every time he would walk past a specific area in the school.

The great, old willow tree back in the school's field.

He never knew what the source of the memories were, it never even seemed to be his memories. He only ever once went down to that willow tree and it was to confess to nene back when they were both young, but that was the only time he was there, and the memory of being rejected was never one he truely wanted to remember.

But was he even rejected? He never could remember the exact words he said to her or the exact words she said to him. He only remembered the idea of a confession to nene, and the willow tree.

A thoughtful him arose from his throat, peeling his eyes off of the finished test in front of him to land on his phone that only laid an arms length away. He would get distracted if he picked it up, only leaving these papers to mark themselves another day, but something in him told him to pick up the device either way. Disregarding the marks and tests, he picked up the device and called the familiar silver haired girl.

"Amane?"
A sweet voice called out from the other line, a smile almost immediately appearing at the sound of his trusted friends' voice.

"Nene! Sorry to call you so suddenly, I was just wondering if I could ask you something real quick?"

The line was quiet for a split second before a stifled snort was heard from the girl.
"Of course you dumbass, don't act so formal."
She laughed, causing his smile to only widen as he nodded his head.

"Right, sorry. I was just wondering if you remember that one time when we were in school, the time I confessed to you under the willow tree?"
He asked, turning his chair to look out at the vast sea of stars that laid just past the window.

"Confess? To me?"
She asked thoughtfully, receiving a small 'mhm' from the male.
"Amane, you never confessed."

The male's eyes furrowed are the statement, confusion swirling his orbs.
"What do you mean I didn't? I'm sure I confessed to you!"