Akane x reader

- guess who's back hA and finally starting that tbhk asylum book LMAO -

(Warning: this has spoilers)

The dark had never been your favourite. The cold and heavy atmosphere of a dark, empty room had always been your biggest fear.

You had always preferred the sunlight, the sweet rays that would dance down from the sky above and shower your skin in soft, warm kisses had always seemed like a blessing to you.

Akane sat besides you, an amused grin subtly growing on his lips as he watched you bathe in the sunlight.

"You're so childish." He chuckled, fixing his glasses as he shook his head before returning to continue reading the oh-so-interesting biology book he had borrowed from one of his teachers.

He said he was studying, but no tests were yet to come.

"Oh yeah?" You sneered, throwing your legs up to pull your body up, narrowing your eyes at him in a playful manner as the messy nest of grassy hair gracefully fell on your shoulders. "How come, smartass?"

The male laughed, having always found your childish actions endearing.

"You couldn't just exist in the library? We really had to come all the way out here?"

Akane reached out, picking out leaves, sticks and grass that decorated your hair, careful as to not pull on your h/c locks that he had grown to love over the past months despite having first being against the idea of you (growing it/cutting it)

"Well Akane," You laughed, running a hand through your hair after he had so kindly cleaned it up. "Getting some sunlight is good! Good for your skin! Your health! Do you really wanna be cooped up inside buildings with blinding lights all day when you could just appreciate nature instead?"

"Well, yes."

"Hilarious." You rolled your eyes, only giving him a chuckle. "In all seriousness though, one day we're gonna be stuck in an eternal darkness, would you not wanna spend as much time appreciating the light before then?" You questioned, pulling your legs to your chest as your head lay on your knees.

The boy sat quietly besides you, his eyes not wavering away from the word that his attention had been previously drawn away from by you. He knew you didn't believe in an after life, but he never knew you were legitimately concerned about it.

Y/n l/n, the sunny and bubbly girl who had always managed to make him laugh and smile even on his darkest days was now being open to him, showing him his concerns.

He wanted to reach out and hug you, hold you close and promise that everything would be okay. Maybe he could find you in that eternal darkness, light up a match, take your hand and find a path to lead you somewhere, anywhere. Maybe the stars, the galaxy. He could take you flying through the Milky Way and show you the millions, infinite amount of galaxies that exist. The endless sea of stars that he could take you dancing on.

"Akane?"

The male's chocolate brown eyes snapped over to look at you, your glowing skin under the sweet rays of the sun making you all the more warm to him.

"Are you stuck in the dark?"

The question was short, weird even. It didn't have much context but it struck his heart in an oddly painful manner. He barely even had much time to react before feeling the tickling tears that ran down his cheeks.

Your eyebrows furrowed, eyes glossing over as you went to reach out for him, not even having to ask before the male fell straight into the safety of your arms.

"I'm sorry." He sobbed, gripping tightly, almost painfully onto your arms. "I should've listened."

The memories flooded back to the male like a heartbreak. Your concerns, Aoi, the pain, Hanako and the darkness all came back crashing into him like a tsunami, and he could do nothing but cling onto his lifeboat.

Hoping one day you could find him in the darkness, and light up a match.