Hanako x sad! Reader

Requested by @nt_xinyi

"When I grow up, I'm gonna go to the moon!"

E/c eyes sparkled at the males dream, the round rock that illuminated the dark night sparkling in her eyes as she excitedly clapped her hands.

"That's a good one!"
She cheered, looking up at the orb as her friend imitated the actions.
"But isnt it far away? The trip will be long."

The dark haired boy laughed, nodding at the question as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small light grey rock.
"Yep. But it's worth it."
He smiled, inspecting the rock before grabbing your hand, letting the cold object fall tenderly into your palm.
"This is a moon rock. Can you believe it?"

You wanted to say no.

"It fell all the way from the moon and down to earth. Look at how cool it is!"

You wanted to say it's just an ordinary rock.

"One day I'll fly up there and get you one of your own! The prettiest one I find!"

But his dreams, his sparkling eyes, made it impossible for you to tell him.

A smile appeared on your lips, your eyes softening as you nodded your head. Handing back his moon rock, you grabbed both his hands and squeezed them tight.

"And I'll be down here cheering you on!"

"Ms l/n?"

Your eyes snapped back up to the girl that stood on the other side of your desk, her purple orbs studying you worriedly as her two friends stood besides her. Both equally worried.

"Is everything alright?"
Aoi asked, placing down the papers you had asked her to retrieve from the office before standing up straight to look at you.
"You're crying."

Instinctively, your hand rose up to tenderly touch your cheeks, the finger pads coming in contact with the warm liquid rather than dry skin. Chuckling, you reached up your sleeve and wiped off the tears, sniffing quickly before looking back up at the three.

"Yes! All good over here. Just miss an old friend, that's all."
You smiled, the three teens not believing a single word but deciding against pushing you into telling them your personal life.

"If you say so..."
aoi muttered.

"You can talk to us about anything ms!"
Yashiro exclaimed, stepping forwards to grab your hands.
"We won't judge!"

"Don't push her Yashiro!"
Akane scolded, the brownish haired male stepping forwards to pull away the girl.
"If she wanted to talk, then she would have!"

The light pink haired girl whined, though soon stopped at the sound of your chuckles. Turning her crimson orbs to you, she pouted.

"Don't laugh at me ms!"

"I'm not, I'm not! Sorry."
You chuckled, pulling yourself together before smiling at them.
"Say, what do you guys wanna do when you're older?"

Both girls immediately brightened at the question.

"I wanna be an actress!"
Aoi exclaimed dreamily.

"And I wanna be a model!"
Yashiro pushed in, snapping her orbs towards akane whom deadpanned before clearing his throat and pushing his glasses back up his nose.

"Something to do in the medical field most likely."
He answered curtly, a smile appearing on your lips at his answer. Though, Yashiro didn't seem to like it.

"What a boring dream!"
She whined.

Laughter once again escaped out of your lips as you watched the boy glare at the girl, the petite girl only hiding behind the purple haired friend as she stuck her youngest out at the male.

"Hmm,"
You hummed in amusement.
"Funny how no one wants to go to the moon anymore."

The three friends immediately stopped their actions and turned to you curiously.

"What makes you say that?"
Akane asked.

E/c orbs snapped up to him, a smile once again appearing on your lips as you shook your head.
"When I was little, that's all me and my friends wanted to do when we got older. We all wanted to travel to the moon together and collect moon rocks."
You laughed, pulling out a drawer on your desk to look for a specific item.
"One of my friends had that dream almost set in stone for him. Always told us he got moon rocks sent to him by the man in the moon."
Pulling out a small rock, you showed it to them. Both Aoi and akane raising their eyebrows at the ordinary rock. Though, Yashiro just watched with wide eyes.
"He got me this moon rock and promised he'd take me with him one day. Curious how young people with dreams work, huh?"
You laughed, placing the rock on your desk as they smiled softly at you.

"What happened?"
Yashiro muttered, her eyes turning to you in a curious and shocked manner as your eyes widened slightly.

"He.... he died."

"You three get home safely!"
You waved at the trio whom began exiting your now empty classroom, the evening sun giving the abandoned desks a warm and dreamy lighting.

A sigh escaped your lips as you sat back at your chair, your eyes studying through small rock that laid on your desk before allowing yourself to pick it up. Feeling every bump, hole and dent with the pads of your fingers, your let yourself relax under the warm rays of the setting sun. Though at times you'd dread staying back to do paperwork, today was different. No one was waiting for you at home yet it almost felt as if someone was waiting for you here.

What harm would it do to let yourself rest here?

Standing up, you made your way out towards the garden area at the back of the school. A secluded area that no student used, causing it to be overgrown yet beautiful in its own way. It was areas like these that allowed you to accept the upcoming events.

"Amane, will I see you again soon?"
You whimpered out to the small pond of koi fish, the ripples in the water due to your falling tears making the sunset behind you look all the more beautiful.
"Will we meet today?"

Though you weren't expecting a reply, you were surprised to feel two arms wrap themselves around your shoulders. But this time you didn't want to react, you felt safe in the persons hold.

"Yes y/n. We'll meet again."

The now small girl fell silent under the hold of the boy, her tears rushing down her cheeks with nothing more of a whimper escaping her throat. Though, at the tightening hug, she broke down.

"It's okay."
He hummed, stroking the familiar hair of his childhood friend softly.
"You're here now. I'm here now."

"We're together again."