Kou x reader

Me: has like twenty stories to finish + one shot book
Also me: let's start writing my haikyuu, dr stone and identity v fanfics rn

PLEASE TELL ME SOME OF YALL ARE IDENTITY V FANS CAUSE IM ABOUT TO START PUBLISHING A STORY IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT FOR THE LONGEST TIME AND I DONT WANT IT TO FLOP-

Requested by @hellavator-

"Okay, don't laugh at me please."
You begged the male in front of you, his fidgeting habits getting the best of him.

The male gave a meek nod, his cheeks reddening as you took a step towards him.

"I like you."
You muttered, his breath hitching in his throat as you looked down.
"I have ever since we were little."

He suspected you liked him for a few years now, being childhood friends and all he could easily detect when you became more flirty or stiff around him. But it was different hearing you say it.

"I don't know why, and believe me I wish I didn't, but I do. I've liked you for three years now."

His heart beat loudly in his ears like a warning drum. If he didn't give an answer quick enough you would slip away from him.

But his anxiety got in the way, he nervously tried to stutter out an 'i like you too' or at least a 'yes' but it all came out as incoherent words. A frown soon settling on your face as he panicked.

"I knew it was hopeless..."
You breathed out, letting a smile mask your tears that begun welling up in your eyes.
"I hope Yashiro accepts your feelings!"

And with that, you ran off. Leaving the male to helplessly call after you but not being man enough to chase you.

"WHAT?! KOU HOW COULD YOU LET HER RUN AWAY?!"

Kou pressed a finger to his lips in a panicked manner before turning to you in fear that you might've heard her outburst. Alas, you ignored him. Just how you had been ignoring him for the past week.

A sigh escaped his lips as he leaned his head on his palm, the cafeteria noise making his head pound as he ranted to Yashiro.

"I just panicked! I didn't know what to say!"
He defended with a pout as the girl shook her head.

"But you should've turned that panic into a good panic!"

"What-"

"EXAMPLE!"
She cheered, ignoring his confused glance.
"If Minamoto-senpai were to come up to me and say he likes me I would freak out and say yes."

"But you would freak out like me too-"

"Shhhhhh, I would say yes."

The male narrowed his eyes at the girl before running a hand through his hair, deciding she won't be much help if she kept going like this.

"But hey, if you want help on getting her back then just go up to her, pull her to a secluded area and confess!"
She shrugged.

Kou watched the girl go back to eating her bento, his eyes widening as he stood from his seat.

"That's the smartest thing you've said all day."
He announced before walking off to your table.

"Thank you~ wait- WHAT?!"

"Y/n."

Your eyes snapped away from your friend and towards Kou, the boy standing next to you as the story telling died down on your table and the girls turned to glare at him.

"What?"
You replied coldly, watching him flinch slightly before opening his mouth to say something. However, you cut him off.
"Listen, no harsh feelings. Right? Go enjoy lunch with your girlfriend, I'll see you when I go hang out with Teru this afternoon."

All eyes turned to you, some surprised and some proud. However, Kou stood his ground.

"Please, may I talk to you outside?"
He asked sweetly.

Your eyes traveled towards his, softening once seeing his sad expression. So with a defeated sigh, you stood from your seat and accompanied him outside.

"What is it?"
You asked, standing in an empty hallway just like the one you confessed to him in.

The male fiddled with his fingers. Trying to find the right words to say until an amused smile spread onto his lips.

"Promise me You won't laugh?"
He looked up at you, his blue eyes making a sense of longing to flood through your body.

Nodding your head, he sighed. Walking closer to you until you could feel his breath on your skin.

"I love you."
He finally said, a bashful smile overtaking his lips.

"I have ever since we were little."