Kou

I was asking some people for suggestions on a special treat for 900 followers and one person suggested a discord server where I could talk to you all and accept requests + suggestions personally. Also since so many identity v players read my stories, I'd be more than happy to play with people through there! Just thought that was a fun idea but if not I'll just make another special one shot :).

"If I could, I'd give away all my time to have another moment next to you.
As roses die and daisies bloom, my love for you continues despite the doom.
And in the dark, in the mist of may,
I know I'll meet you again some day."

The class sat silent as you all watched the blonde male fidget with the hem of his shirt, his blue eyes casted down in an awkward and anxious manner, awaiting the teachers' next words. You could tell he tried his hardest with the poem, and though it wasn't much, it was definitely enough considering the recent events.

"Thank you Kou, that was truely beautiful. You can sit now."

Not wasting a second, he rushed to his seat, flopping down next to you quickly before resting his head in his arms.

"You did great."
You whispered to him, a soft smile playing on your lips as you played with his soft hair.

He only gave a grunt, unmoving to your touch as the rest of the class listened to everyone's poems.

They felt bad for him, you felt bad for him. He was hurting, and no one could truely help him.

"Why dont you talk about something different?"

The cold sun rays dripped into the boys' dimly lit room. The curtains shut closed as only a small section of light crept in through the gap he had yet to fix up.

"Why dont you talk about summer, after all, it is soon to come."
You smiled, sitting on his bed as you watched him write away at his desk.

His hair was messy, unkept. Back was hunched and shoulders were tense as he continues writing in a frustrated manner.

"Why talk about something that is only just gonna come? It's better to relive memories, is it not?"
He grunted, giving an upset sigh as he rubbed away the last two sentences for what seemed to be the fifth time.

"Well in a sense, yes."
You giggled, climbing off of his bed to pull open the curtains, letting the warm rays of spring sun fall onto your figure.
"But It's also good to move on from what's hurting you. It'll stay with you forever if you continue to acknowledge it after all."

"What would you know about that."
He sneered, not turning to you as he continued scribbling down notes.

You watched the boy you loved scribble away helplessly at his book, attempting to muster up the most quality poem he could in hopes of turning back time, in hopes of waking up from the horrible nightmare he was put in. But you couldn't help, you could only give a sad sigh before pulling off the best smile you could.

"Very well, I'll see you at school Kou. Take care of yourself for me."
You sighed, ruffling his hair on your way out, closing his door behind you as he was left to let the painful tears that he'd been holding back, flood out of his blue treasures.

"In the cold winds of the afternoon spring I promise to bring you the prettiest, most lively flowers I can find.
I'll explore the greenest woods and take pictures of the most beautiful lands so you too will be able to see them."

He was never the type of person who liked talking about what he was feeling, getting him to open up to you was not an easy task. He was stubborn and felt the need to be the stronger person in the relationship all the time, always being your rock to cry on and keep you down to earth. He was always there through thick and thin with you, hearing your rants and cries. But he never opened up to you, always having that same bright smile on his face.

But that smile was now gone.

"WHY WONT YOU JUST TALK TO ME KOU?!"

"WHATS THE POINT?!"

The tears that streamed down both your faces were yet to cease, not showing any sign of stopping as you both glared at each other.

"I'm just trying to help you kou! Why won't you let me?!"
You cried, wiping away some tears with your arm.

"Because you cant."
He spat, his tough act slowly and progressively crumbling down.
"I just want you to leave me alone."

The words flowed out of his lips effortlessly, in a tired manner you would say. Though, you would be surprised if it was any different.

"I cant leave you alone Kou."
You laughed weakly, still rubbing away at the tears.
"Not until you learn to let me go."

"The heart tends to latch onto those it yearns for. The people that come like the warm, welcoming summer sun and leave like the bitter wind that will nip at your skin when winter approaches."

"I love you."
He whimpered, his hug tightening around your cold form as you played with his messy hair.
"I'm sorry."

A small laugh emitted from you, painful considering the tears you were holding back.
"Don't apologise, you need a rest."

The smile that rested on your lips was one he had wished to wake up to every morning, the kiss that you placed sweetly on his temples was the one he had wished to bathe in every day. Yet, this would be the last.

"Goodbye Kou."

"Don't say goodbye, please."

Another laugh emitted from you, though it was cut short as you choked through a sob, the tears now streaming down your face contradicting the smile that danced on your lips.

"Then what do you want me to say?"

A moment passed, before he replied once more.

"See you later."

"See you later?"

"Mhm."
He nodded, resting his chin on your shoulder before closing his eyes, accepting the last few moments he would have with you.
"See you later, alligator."

"But winter is beautiful too.
Though painful to say goodbye to the memories that the warmth of summer gave us, it opens up a door for us to make new memories.
To make a new reason to smile."