8

In the morning, everyone woke up and got ready before every family sat together around the breakfast table.

*At The Bhatt's*

"Guys, I wanna tell you something." Saif said to his kids.

"What is it dad?" Alia asked him.

"You guys know that your father and I had a business dinner yesterday with the Kapoors and two other families that we met yesterday, right?" Kareena looked at them.

"Yeah?!" Shraddha gestured for them to continue.

"So, the four of us are starting a new project together, we're all partners in it. And we'll start it next week." Saif informed them.

"What do you guys wanna say?" Kriti asked her parents, ushering them to get to the point.

"Tomorrow we're flying somewhere and we'll stay the weekend there because we have a press conference and a party to celebrate and announce the partnership. The three other families, along with us, will be there." Kareena explained.

"So?!" Disha asked, not really getting what they were going with this.

"You guys are going too." Saif exclaimed.

"Really? And where are we going?" Alia enquired.

"To Thailand." Kareena replied.

"Woo-hoo!" The girls exclaimed in excitement.

"I'm as excited as you guys are, but we have school to go to as for now." Sooraj told his sisters, standing up from his chair.

"True, let's get going guys." Kriti stood up too, followed by her sisters.

"Alia, why didn't you eat anything darling?" Kareena asked her daughter, worried.

"I'm just not hungry mom. I'll eat something at college." Alia gave her mother a reassuring smile.

"Anyways, bye guys." The girls waved at their parents.

"Bye." Sooraj followed them out of the house.

***

Meanwhile in the other houses, the parents told their kids the same thing about the partnership and the weekend business-kinda trip.

Varun and Katrina know that Jacqueline, Sidharth and Aditya are going since both the families are close friends, and so are the kids but the latters don't know about the other two families.

And the Bhatt girls know that the Kapoor siblings are going - and vice versa - they know each other because their parents are work partners and they met each other a few times but they're not really what you could call close friends. And both the parts don't know that the Dhawan's and the Fernandez's are going.

***

At college, inside Alia's class, the teacher was about to start the lesson when Deepika walked in.

"Hello Miss." The teacher smiled at her.

"Hello Mrs Aaryan, there are four students in this class whom want to change classes and I'm here to take them with me." Deepika smiled back at the woman.

"Of course, who are the students?" The teacher asked Deepika.

"The Bhatt sisters, I believe. Alia, Shraddha, Disha and Kriti." Deepika replied.

"Okay, Alia, Shraddha, Disha and Kriti please get your things girls and come here." The teacher called out to them and the girls did as said, Alia already having an idea of what was happening, before coming down the stairs to stand beside the teacher and the principal.

"Thank you Mrs Aaryan, girls let's go." Deepika turned to look at them with a smile.

"Anytime, miss." The teacher said before Deepika made her way out of the classroom with the girls following behind her.

"So, who's Alia?" Deepika turned to look at the girls while they were walking down the halls.

The girls pointed to their sister and Deepika turned to look at her.

"That would be me." Alia nodded in confirmation.

"You know, if I didn't do this today, Varun would've annoyed me to death." Deepika smiled at Alia and the latter chuckled in response nodding in agreement, knowing that Varun can be annoying if he doesn't get what he wants.

"I know what he's like." Alia smiled at the memory of what they had in the past, "Thank you though, miss." Alia added.

"Oh, anytime." Deepika dismissed her as they arrived to Varun's class where Deepika opened the door to the classroom and walked inside with the girls still behind her.

"Hello miss Deepika." The teacher greeted her with a smile.

"Hello Mr Singh. These girls have changed classes, so now they're joining you guys." Deepika informed him gesturing to Alia and her sisters.

"Of course, take a seat girls." The teacher gave them a kind smile and so they did as told and went to take their seats.

Since it was a college classroom, a seat could fit five people so Varun - who was sitting next to Aditya, Sidharth and another kid - had a seat empty next to him and that's where Alia sat.

While Alia's sisters sat next to Katrina and Jacqueline because they were the only two in the seat which was positioned in front of the one where Alia sat.

"Thank you Mr Singh, and sorry for disturbing." Deepika said.

"No problem, anytime." The teacher responded before Deepika left and he carried on with the lesson.

***

After the 1st two hours were over, the students had their first break. So Varun was in the college cafeteria with Katrina, Jacqueline and her brothers while Alia and her sisters had gone to the bathroom and now they were making their way to the doors of the canteen as well.

Just as they stepped foot through the doors, Alia...

To be continued...