52

Before you start reading this, I just wanna say that I DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT TUMORS AND ALL THAT STUFF. I'VE NEVER READ OR SEEN ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA ABOUT HOW IT'S CURED OR TREATED OR ANYTHING. I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW A THING. AND TBH I WAS TOO LAZY TO GO LOOK FOR INFORMATION BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GOING DEEP INTO THE MATTER ANYWAYS, SO. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND WHILE READING THIS. I KNOW NOTHING.

THANK YOU, NOW YOU CAN GO ON AND READ THE CHAP.

HOPE YOU ENJOY...

***

Varun and Alia just had dinner and now they were laying in Varun's room on the bed, in each other's arms.

After they both calmed down earlier, Alia called her family back in India to tell them that she arrived and was now with Varun, and right after she hung up with them, she called Katrina too.

"Varun.." Alia called him, voice low.

"Hmm?!" Hu hummed in response, silently telling her to continue.

"You're really not going to tell anyone?" She enquired.

"No, I don't want to burden them with the news. It's better if I keep this to myself. It's bad enough that you know, I don't want them to go through what we both have gone through when getting to know about this. I don't wanna see them sad all the time, and heartbroken." Varun told her and Alia nodded in understanding.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course." Varun nodded.

"Who was that woman earlier?" Alia asked, hesitantly.

"Oh, that's my doctor. Miss Isabelle Taylor. My doctor in India recommended her to me and that's how I started planning everything. Me moving here, and taking care of the company. If there wasn't any work-related thing that I could come here to help with, I would've tried to do something just so I can move here. I had to, because she's one of the best doctors in the world. And I couldn't have her fly to India because then it'd be too suspicious, me disappearing out of nowhere at whatever time and eventually you guys would've known. And I didn't want that to happen, so here I am." Varun shrugged.

"Now I see why you'd get up and leave, saying that you have stuff to take care of, from time to time. I'm so stupid I didn't notice anything." Alia face-palmed herself.

"You're not stupid, Alu. You couldn't have known. I didn't want anyone to know. And yeah, that's the reason. I would go to the hospital to meet the doctor for checkups. I had to go at least once a week or two weeks since I was still studying and I couldn't stay at the hospital. Again, if I did, you guys would've known. So I did what I thought was best. I talked to my doctor and told him all about my worries and stuff, and he made me promise him that I'd always go for checkups if I wanted everything to stay between us." Varun explained, leaning down to plant a kiss on Alia's forehead.

"Well, now what's gonna happen? What are you gonna do?" Alia questioned.

"I have been going to the hospital a lot this past week, meeting up with doc Taylor as she did all the possible checkups on me to try and see what the best way to approach this is. The treatment usually takes from 4 to 6 months. It also depends on the person and the body, and how they react to it." Varun explained and Alia nodded.

"Well, just keep in mind that I'm not leaving you. Not until you come out of the hospital for the last time, all good and healthy as if none of this ever happened." Alia looked up at him.

"I know that," Varun looked at her eyes - planting a kiss on the tip of her nose - before pulling away, "But I want you to promise me something.."

"What is it?" She asked him, brows furrowed in question.

"I want you to promise me that in case I die-" Before he could finish whatever he wanted to say, Alia placed her hand on his mouth, shutting him up.

"Shh! Don't finish that sentence." Alia's voice quivered at the thought.

Varun placed his hand on hers and pulled it away, keeping a gentle hold on it, "Just let me finish, Alia, please. There's a big chance that I could die, okay?! And that's why I want you to promise me that if I do, you might not stop loving me or forget me, but I want you to go on with your life. I want you to move on as if nothing happened. I want you ti find someone who deserves you and your love, because trust me, there are thousands of them out there. I want you to live a good and happy life with that person. I also want you to tell your kids in the future about me, okay?" He held her eyes with his, both pairs glistening with unshed tears.

"But-" Alia started just to get cut-off by him.

"There's no but, please, just promise me this. It's all I'm asking." Varun begged.

"I promise." Alia said after a while, before wrapping her arms tightly around him and burying her face in the crook of his neck, trying her best to stop her tears from escaping her eyes as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Thank you." Varun planted a peck on her lips before pulling away and stating to get up.

"Where are you going?" Alia asked him, worried he'd disappear just like that.

"I just wanna have a shower before we go to sleep." Varun informed her.

"Am I not invited?" Alia looked at him with her puppy dog eyes.

"Do you want to get invited?" Varun asked her mischievously.

"Yes!" Alia nodded excitedly.

"Come on, then." Varun chuckled, holding out his hand for her to hold which she did, before he pulled her behind him to the en-suite bathroom.

They did everything as slow as possible, as if they didn't want those moments to end.

They removed each other's clothes, throwing them away in every corner of the bathroom, their hands exploring and massaging each other in every place.

They stayed in the shower for half an hour, taking in each other's details, perfections and imperfections.

They spent more time in that half an hour making out and taking in each other's warmth and presence more than they spent washing each other.

They definitely came out of the shower with marks on both of their bodies, and that did not stop there.

After they left the shower, they didn't bother wrapping themselves in bathrobes as Varun picked up Alia and walked with her to the bed where he so-gently placed her before another exploring round started.

They did everything they could pissibly think of, not really getting enough of each other.

By the time they were done and exhausted, it was way past midnight and they definitely needed another shower, which they mutually agreed on taking the next morning, since they didn't have it in them to get up and do anything.

So they just cuddled together, holding tightly onto each other before they drifted off to sleep, peacefully.

... To be continued

ONLY 1 CHAP LEFT + THE EPILOGUE AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH 😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲