53

Before you start reading this, I just wanna say that I DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT TUMORS AND ALL THAT STUFF. I'VE NEVER READ OR SEEN ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA ABOUT HOW IT'S CURED OR TREATED OR ANYTHING. I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW A THING. AND TBH I WAS TOO LAZY TO GO LOOK FOR INFORMATION BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GOING DEEP INTO THE MATTER ANYWAYS, SO. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND WHILE READING THIS. I KNOW NOTHING.

THANK YOU, NOW YOU CAN GO ON AND READ THE CHAP.

HOPE YOU ENJOY...

***

During the next few days, Alia hadn't left Varun alone at all. She'd always be with him, wherever he was. At the company, at home, at the hospital.

Literally wherever.

They've met with doctor Taylor a lot too, after Alia had apologized for what happened the first time they met and Isabelle assured her that it was fine.

During those days, the doctor continued to do some checkups on Varun before he had to go stay at the hospital for a while.

She explained to both Varun and Alia that his case wasn't the most serious, but it wasn't easy either, considering he'd not done what should've been done since the beginning.

She went on to tell them that he'd stay at the hospital for a few weeks, or even months, for the treatment before he had to do the surgery. Which in his case was very important, as doctor Taylor told them.

The surgery was what was going to decide if it'd end up with him in 70% group of people, or the 30% one.

***

Fortunately for him, the treatment didn't take him more than 4 months, and now all that was left was the surgery.

During those 4 months, Alia hadn't left his side at all. She'd stay nights and days at the hospital with him, not leaving him alone. Scared that if she left even fr a second, she'd get the call that'd destroy her life forever.

But with a little bit of begging, she'd leave for a while to go check on the company because it was his responsibility after all.

Varun before he registred at the hospital, he made sure to give all the work and responsibility to someone he had faith in and whom he knew could do the work as if Varun was there. But still, he'd send Alia to check on everything from time to time.

He didn't exactly tell them where he was, all that he told them was that they could call his phone if they needed him and send any work-related files to his place if needed. He also insisted no one informed his family back in India with anything related to the London situation. And luckily for him, none of his family tried to visit him or ask about work during the period he was staying at the hospital. They'd call to catch up with him and ask about how Alia and him were doing - and he thanked God he could use his phone even while on his hospital bed - and that was it.

Alia had called home a week later, telling them that she'd stay with Varun for a while, because she couldn't leave him. She even went on to tell them that she'd work with him at his company. So it was a win-win.

She was an adult after all, and was able of making her own decisions. So her parents didn't mind, as long as she was happy, which she assured them she was.

Today, though, was the day Varun was going into surgery. He was now laying on the hospital bed he'd been on for 4 whole months, having - what might be the last - few minutes of his life.

Alia had just came in to check up on him before they took him away to the surgery room.

He motioned for her to walk towards him and she did, before taking a seat on his side, as he held her hand in his.

"Als, you remember your promise to me that day, right?" Varun asked her, voice quivering.

"Varun, please.." Alia's voice broke as her eyes started tearing up.

"No, Alia, remind me of the promise you made." Varun told her, turning serious.

"I promised you that I'd try to move on with my life and find someone else to spend the rest of my life with, whom I can live happily with. And to tell my future kids about you." Alia said, looking down, as a tear escaped her eye.

"Yes, and I just hope you'll keep that promise in mind if I don't come out alive from the surgery room today." Varun told her, and that was what made her start full on sobbing.

That damn thought.

The thought that maybe, just maybe, those were the last moments she'd have with him.

"Varun, please, don't say that. I can't live without you, I need you... We both need." Alia said, through her sons, and Varun's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the last sentence.

"What do you mean we?" Varun asked.

Alia slowly took Varun's hand that was holding hers and placed it on her stomach.

"Both me and our baby.." Alia sent him a smile through her tears.

"W- wha- what?.. How?" Varun stuttered.

"I'm pregnant."

***

5 hours later, Alia was sitting outside of the surgery room waiting for anyone to come out and tell her anything that could put her mind to rest, just a word that meant Varun was okay.

She'd been waiting for hours hoping for him to come out of there alive, hoping that the news she gave him would help him hold onto life tighter.

For her, and their baby.

She definitely didn't want her baby to grow up without a dad.

She didn't want to grow old with her baby's dad.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear the door of the surgery room slide open until it was closed, making her look up so fast her neck might've broke.

As soon as her eyes landed on doctor Taylor coming out, she rushed to her, stopping in front of her making her stop as well.

"Doctor, please give me some good news.." Alia begged, eyes full of tears.

"I'm sorry miss Bhatt..." The doctor started, voice sad and apologetic.

The End.

I'm kidding, there's still another chapter (The epilogue Chap)

This is the end though, because only the epilogue is left.

Sooooo...

... To be continued