Orlando Begins

After lunch, Kendall goes over to Leo's house, leaving me and Jack home alone because Prescott is out with friends. As I watch Kendall walk out of the front door, the moment she closes it, Jack grabs my waist from behind.

He turns me around, but when he leans in, I swerve and say, "Miami? Why?"

Jack frowns and says, "It wasn't my idea, but if they are going, then I'm gonna go too."

I sigh, then say, "Okay, but we have to tell Kendall before we go."

"Sure," he says then he kisses me. It feels really weird kissing in the middle of the living room. At any moment, someone could walk in and see us.

When he pulls away for air, I ask, "What did you mean by you waited for Leo to get a girlfriend?"

He laughs dryly, "We are not talking about Leo right now." I sigh, then he goes back to kissing me. When are we going to talk about it then?

We hear the door unlocking, so Jack and I stop and he jumps to his feet. I stay on the couch but reach for my phone.

We both look over at Kendall and Leo, who are walking in. Leo eyes me but Kendall doesn't find anything suspicious. She sits down and says, "Apparently the car ride will be 9 hours."

"Geez, can't we just go further into our city."

Kendall laughs sarcastically then says, "No. But would it be better to go to Orlando because that's closer?"

Jack answers, "How far is that?"

Leo answers, "Five and a half."

Well, I guess that's better. Jack and I respond, "Sure," at the same time. Kendall says, "Okay, then it's decided."

I ask, "Wait, when?"

Kendall says, "Anytime we want really. Tomorrow work?"

"Um, I have at ask my mom."

Kendall nods, "Right, of course." Then I pull out my phone and text her, trying to be as nice as possible. We had a sweet heart to heart before she left but I could catch her in a bad mood. She also still thinks I'm sad about a boy, so maybe, I should explain that to her as well. I guess I can do that later though. Doing it over text would be weird.

We all hang out for the rest of the afternoon until my mom texts me back. She says, 'Sure, that's fine.' I reply back then I yell, "She said yes!"

Kendall says, "Yay! Okay, then we should probably start packing."

I nod and head up to my room. Leo goes home to pack his stuff. I shove a bunch of clothes and swimsuits in my bag. Kendall said to pack for a week, so naturally, I pack for two. I am a huge over packer.

After I put all of my clothes in the bag, I realize that the bag won't close so I go back and fold everything neatly. While I am doing this, Jack comes into my room without knocking or anything. What a gentleman.

"You're still packing?" he asks, sitting on my bed, next to my bag.

"I'm folding everything because the bag wouldn't close."

"Want to take a break?" he asks with a smirk.

I answer, "No actually. We need to talk about Kendall."

His face switches to confusion, "Why?"

I stare at him before I explain, "Jack, she kinda needs to know before we go on vacation with her."

He sighs, "She'll figure it out eventually."

"And you think it'll be better to have her figure it out, instead of just telling her?"