First Little Outing

On Monday, I woke up fairly early. I went downstairs in my messy hair, long t-shirt and athletic shorts, expecting just to eat breakfast alone and maybe see Prescott or something, but when I got downstairs, I saw a bunch of freshmen sitting on the couch.

I guess they were Prescott's friends because he was down there talking to them. Either way, I am very uncomfortable. 

I start making myself a bowl of fruit, while some of them stare at me. When Prescott notices me, he walks over and says, "We are going to the beach today."

I nod, "Okay, have fun."

He nods then joins his friends again. I'm not sure why they haven't left yet, but I don't care enough to ask.

I sit at the table near the kitchen, while eating my fruit and scrolling through my phone. Jack comes down a few minutes after I do. I can't believe my eyes. He's up before 12 pm. 

He takes a protein shake out of the fridge then joins me at the table.

"What's up?" he asks. Maybe he picked up on the bad vibes radiating off of me.

"Nothing much, just love seeing a bunch of freshmen in my living room first thing in the morning." I say sarcastically.

Jack laughs a little, "Yeah, probably should've warned you that they come over a lot."

"Great," I say sarcastically again. I'm surprised he puts up with it. 

"You sure you want to go to that party tonight?" Jack asks. His tone makes it seem like he is uninterested, but he still looks up, waiting for my response.

"I don't really care," I say casually.

Jack nods and pulls out his phone. I'd say that was a record for how long I held his attention, a solid 10 seconds.

By the time Kendall comes out of her room, the freshmen have left for the beach, which really quiets the house. She makes some food then joins us.

"So, you excited about tonight?" Kendall asks me with way too much enthusiasm.

"Hmm, I don't know. I was specifically told not to leave the house at all, but I'm sure they would totally make an exception for Mark's party." I say loud enough to let Jack hear the action.

"No one is going to know MC. This party is lowkey, Mark made sure of it. And this doesn't sound like the girl I know." Kendall says, elbowing my arm gently.

Jack chuckles a bit but keeps his head down at his food. I reply, "The girl you know literally ended up at boarding school, so yeah, this isn't the girl you know."

Kendall quickly says, "Okay, I understand. I didn't mean to hit a nerve. But Mark promised me that no trouble was happening tonight. It's just so everyone can see you again."

I nod looking her in the eye, so she knows I am serious about not wanting to get in trouble. It's like my version of a handshake. 

After breakfast, I headed up to my room to finish unpacking. I actually finished in good time, it only took twenty more minutes from what I did last night. Then I sat on my bed and scrolled through Instagram.

Some time later, Jack came into my room. "You're finally home and you choose to be on your phone all day?" He says as he lays on my bed next to me. He really just makes himself comfortable anywhere. 

"Well it's kinda hard not to because I am constantly getting texts from people. I didn't think Kendall's story would do this." I say throwing my phone down on my bed dramatically.

Jack chuckles, "Oh no, you're too popular." I roll my eyes to his making fun of me. 

I nudge his shoulder as hard as I could and say, "Shut up, you know what I mean."