Dinner Reservations

Mark takes a sip of water then says, "My parents want to meet yours."

"Geez. We're not getting married," I say, flustered.

"I know, my parents just want to get to know them."

"When would that be?" I ask.

He looks up then looks back, "Probably Saturday night."

I nod, "I'll need to ask my parents if they will be able to fly back." He nods.

"This is a lot, Mark. Do we even have a future together?"

He clears his throat, "Some drama happened, but I don't think that we should give up yet."

"Okay because it kind of felt like the end of the world for me when you wouldn't give me the time of day. You literally kicked me out of your house."

Mark says, "I was drinking that night, don't judge me off of that."

I almost laugh at the irony. "Then don't judge me for that same thing, just because I've drunk in the past. I said that I didn't drink a lot that night and you didn't believe me."

"You passed out, what was I supposed to think? Let's just stop fighting about that one night. I think you should head home before too much is said."

I stare at him then nod, "Fine." I get up and grab my key from the counter. He stares at the floor as I walk out.

I drive home in silence, which is only a few minutes. Leo and Kendall aren't back yet, so I'm assuming they are at Leo's. Prescott's not home, so I just head to my room.

The next morning, I can down and see Prescott making food. I smile seeing such a strange sight.

"Since when have you started cooking?" I ask.

He smiles, "It's a new thing, but you haven't been home for a while. How was that by the way, besides the awful night?"

"Okay so other than that, it was actually really great because I had a chance to talk to Mark." Prescott reacts in an interesting way, "We'll get back to that reaction, but Mark and I got along really well and actually started dating."

Prescott smiles, "Finally," he mutters. I respond, "So you knew too? I didn't realize that he liked me at all before dead week."

Prescott shakes his head, "Your lack of observation skills amazes me. I'm happy for you though. So how was last night with him then?"

I smile, "Well, yeah, it was good. Although, we weren't exactly in a good state when we went, and he kind of asked me to pretend to be. It was very uncomfortable."

"Huh, that's not what I'd expect from Mark. Did you guys clear it up afterward?"

"Um no, not really. But his parents want to meet mom and dad on Saturday and I actually need to call mom soon and ask her about that."

"Wow, that's really soon."

I nod, "Yeah, he said it was something that was important to his family. I thought it was weird but if he thinks we can get over this drama then I'll try."

Prescott nods, "Okay. Fair. I can go with if you need me."

I smile and say, "I might take you up on that Prescott, I'm serious." He nods and says, "I'm going to the gym, but I'll see you later." I nod them he walks out.

I eat and watch tv until Kendall comes out. I pause it and say, "How was last night?"

She says, "It was good. We got dinner and went to his house after."