Difficult and Alone

I put my head down for like a few seconds until I hear the deck gate jingle. It's Jack! "No way! You're here?" I say, unsure if he's even here. I could just be imagining this honestly.

He steps over the gate and sits down at the table that I'm at. "I really didn't think you'd come," I mumble.

He doesn't say anything. "Well silence is fine. Thanks for coming, Jack. I needed to make sure that you were okay."

"What are you doing Wendorf?" Jack mumbles.

"He speaks! I'm checking up on you, Jack. Someone has to and I think Kendall is getting tired of it."

He doesn't say anything. I still can't believe he came.

I break the silence, not that it was very silent anyway, "It must suck to be one of our neighbors. We're so loud."

Jack shouts, "Stop! Why are you doing this? You know that I like you and you keep playing me and now you're playing Mark. Just stop. You can't always have both of us."

I let him catch his breath before I speak. "Why not? You're supposed to be my friend Jack. My friend." I've tired myself out. I sigh and look at the floor.

Jack stands up and mumbles, "I'm not your friend."

I stand up too, "Wait, just please text me back every once in a while, so I know you're okay." I'm not feeling so good. My legs feel like they are going to give out.

I try to walk after him but when I move my leg it falls instead. I hear the thud as I fall. My head hits something, so I pass out.

"MC? MC? Mary Cate?" I hear someone yelling. I open my eyes a little. Someone's still shouting my name. My ears adjust, it's Jack. I try and sit up, but my head hurts. Jack helps me up, "Don't try to sit up. Just relax."

I groan as I finally sit up. I mumble, "What happened?"

Jack says, "You were unconscious for like five minutes."

I nod. Jack says, "We need to call someone!"

I shake my head, "No, I'm fine. It's fine." I try to stand up but my legs are wobbling.

Jack grabs my arm and says, "What are you doing? Don't stand up."

I take a deep breath and try to stand again, but with his help this time. I stand up.

Jack sighs, "I can't drive right now, but someone in there has to be sober enough to take you to a hospital."

I shout, "No! Jack stop! I'm not going anywhere. It's from the drinking and that could ruin my life."

Jack sighs, "We need to find Mark." I nod and let him help me walk to the front door. I sit down on the floor.

Jack says, "Okay, I'm going to find him. I'll be back." I nod as he walk away.

I sit there, listening to the noise. My head is in so much pain, but I'm fine other than that. I can't sleep, but I definitely tried to.

Mark walks over quickly as he says, "What the hell? Are you okay?"

I nod, "Yeah, I'm fine. Seriously, I'm fine."

Kendall and Leo rush in after. Kendall joins Mark on the floor, inspecting every inch of my body for bruises.

"Are you okay? Why did this happen?" Kendall asks.

I sigh, "I shouldn't have been drinking. I'm fine though. I actually need some space, maybe even sleep."

They all nod and talk at once. My headache is not getting better. I quickly stand up and wait for my legs to stop shaking. They all hold a different part of my shoulder to steady me.