Love Is In The Drinks

I cry for a while. I can't help it. I don't care if he said it out of anger, he still said it. It was just a kiss. He really still is that player.

I can't be in my room right now. It reminds me too much of him. I quickly run down the stairs and out the front door. I speed walk to the park that is down the street, wiping my tears as I walk.

I sit on the park bench and stare at the kids playing on the playground. I miss being that young and carefree. Everything is so complicated now.

Some of the parents look at me a little weird, but whatever. I'm clearly having a bad day, and they can understand that.

I sit there for ten minutes, before realizing that Prescott and Kendall have blown up my phone. The first text from Kendall I see says, 'Don't do anything stupid.' Only she would say that because last year when I got mad, I did something really stupid and that was the final straw for my parents. At this point, I don't care. If I'm at boarding school, then I'm not anywhere near Jack.

A couple minutes later, I see Leo walking towards me. What?

He sits down next to me and says, "I'm really sorry. I know you have heard that so many times, but truly I am. You never deserved any of this."

I stare at him, saying nothing. He continues, "I'm mad at Jack too. He's my best friend, and yet, I've never been angrier at someone."

"Why?" I ask, genuinely confused on why he cares so much.

Leo sighs, "I'm about to tell you something really embarrassing, so don't laugh too hard. So, um, you know how there is always that one person who you had a crush on in elementary school? Well, that was always you for me. I have literally liked you since kindergarten. I mean, now, I'm with Kendall, and I have never been happier, but I still feel responsible for you. I don't ever want to see someone break my kindergarten crush's heart, especially not my best friend doing it. Anyway, that was embarrassing, but I've also never seen him more sorry. When he broke my arm, he wasn't even this sorry."

Wow. Just wow. I laugh, "Leo, are you serious?" I literally can't stop laughing. What even was that? "Dude, that was a hell of a monologue."

Leo smiles as his cheeks blush. "I have a way with words." I laugh harder.

When I finally finish laughing, Leo says, "Please give him a chance. You don't have to go out with him, but at least, maybe, forgive him."

I think for a second. Leo's probably right. The least I can do is forgive him. That's the start of fixing our relationship. I breath deeply, "Okay, I'll tell him that."

Leo continues, "Only say it if you mean it."

I nod. Then he walks me back to my house. Wow, who knew he would give the best pep talks.

Jack, Kendall, and Prescott are sitting on the couch as we walk in. Kendall jumps up, and hugs me, then hugs Leo. She's lucky to have someone like him. He would never cheat on her.

Jack and Prescott stand up too. I walk up to Jack, look back to Leo, who nods at me, then I say, "I forgive you."

He looks into my eyes, searching for something, I don't know what. Then he quietly says, "Thank you." Impulsively, I hug him. I feel him stiffen up, then he hugs me back tightly. Maybe there really isn't anything a hug can't cure.

It was a very long hug, but eventually I let go. I really do miss him. I miss our relationship before this.

I stare at him for a little while longer, kinda unsure what to do next. I finally walk away. I walk to the backyard, I don't know why but that whole room was way too quiet for my liking.