A Little Date Day

We left the restaurant at 7:30 and got back to Leo's at around 7:40. We talked outside for a while. When it started to get dark, Jack noticed me shiver and gave me his jacket.

Kendall looked at us and said, "Okay guys, keep the PDA to a minimum. He's still my brother." With a smile.

I laugh genuinely, then hold Jack's hand.

We talk for another thirty minutes before we head home for the night. Kendall drives us back home and we all head to our rooms to get comfortable.

I walk into my room and change my shorts to athletic shorts, and take off my shoes, but leave everything else the same. So, I'm still in my tank top and Jack's jacket.

I walk downstairs and sit on the couch. I turn on Lights Out while I wait for Kendall and Jack to come out.

Jack comes out a few minutes in and Kendall shortly after. Jack sits next to me and puts his arm around me. For a second I flinch because Kendall is there but then I realize that she knows. It's weird that we don't have to hide anything.

She looks at us and smiles for a second before watching the movie. I love scary movies if you couldn't tell.

I don't realize it but halfway through the movie, I fall asleep.

In the morning, when I wake up, my neck hurts from sleeping on the couch. As I try to sit up, I realize that Jack's arm is still around me. He is sleeping peacefully, so, as quietly as possible, I stand up and go upstairs to brush my teeth.

Soon enough, everyone is awake. Kendall makes eggs for everyone.

Then we watch tv on the couch the whole morning. After about two hours, Kendall goes for a walk alone, but Jack and I are pretty sure she just walked to Leo's house.

Jack and I are sitting on the couch watching The Good Place. At noon, Kendall is still not home, so Jack and I decide to eat without her.

We both just make microwaveable meals, since neither of us cooks well, and then eat them on the couch. We practically missed the entire episode because we talked so much. We just had a lot to say.

Kendall came back at around 1. As she came in, she said, "Sorry, I ended up eating at Leo's." We both nodded holding back our giggles.

"Where is he now?" I ask.

"He's still unpacking so his parents won't let him come here yet. He should be here later though."

We both nod and turn back to the tv. Kendall sits down on a couch next to ours but after five minutes, she says, "Let's go on the trampoline or something. I'm bored."

I eye Jack, who is also looking at me. We are internally asking if there is a chance that we can get out of this.

Kendall must've realized because she adds, "Please! It'll be fun!"

I sigh, "Yeah, let's go."

Then we all stand up and walk outside. I guess we mutually agreed that we weren't going to change. I'm just in athletic shorts and a t shirt, so I'm fine.

Kendall enters the trampoline first, needing to crouch down to get into it. Then I crawl in and Jack comes in last. It's a good thing we have a big trampoline because three teenagers need a lot of room.

Kendall and I start jumping around like little kids, which Jack laughs at. I bump into him while saying, "Come on, Harris. Don't be a loser."

He covers his face with his palm but then starts jumping a little with a big grin. He looks so embarrassed and cute, wow.

We start to show off our tricks for a while and we blare some music so there isn't weird awkward silence. Showing the tricks takes a while because we have to go one at a time, but it's still fun.

We spent a lot longer than it felt like jumping on there because when I checked my phone it said 2:16. Then we hear the back gate door opening, so we all stop and watch the person come in.

It's Leo. As he walks over, he says, "You guys are so loud! I could hear you from down the street."

We all look over at each other with big smiles. Then Leo crawls in and says, "I got some mad skills, y'all ain't ready."

We all laugh as he shows us his tricks. Then we all start doing our own tricks again to show off to Leo.

As I am going in for a front handspring, Jack grabs me and bear hugs me. Kendall starts doing her front handspring so I lose my turn. While still hugging me from behind, Jack whispers, "You're so cute." I giggle. Jack smiles and let's me go.

After jumping on the trampoline for a while, we all jump in the pool in our clothes. Actually, Kendall and I were pushed into the pool by Jack and Leo. Then we swam until it got dark.

Kendall and I found ourselves sitting on two of the outdoor couches in the arms of our boyfriends. It was a great day, and we've never had this before. We both can hang out with our boyfriends together.

Kendall gets up and says, "I'm going to make smoothies. It shouldn't take too long."

We all nod as she walks away. I turn on the outdoor tv and click play on the next episode of A Good Place.

As promised, a few minutes later, Kendall comes out with glasses in her hands. I don't know how she managed to open the door with four glasses in her hands but she figured out a way.

We stayed out here for a while but around 11, we all decided to head inside. I say goodnight to everyone, Leo leaves, then I walk upstairs. I wash my face and change into cleaner clothes. Then I sigh, realizing that I am not actually that tired. I open my window and sit down on the roof.

Before last year, I used to do this all of the time. It helps clear my head, just watching the stars in the dark sky. 

In the middle of a thought, I hear my door open to my room. I turn around and see Jack. He closes the door and joins me on the roof.

"What's up?" he asks, positioning himself until he is comfortable.

"Nothing," I say, still looking at the night sky.

"Why are you out here?"

"I'm just thinking."

"About what?" he asks.

This is starting to feel like an interrogation. "Nothing important. I just hate who I was last year so much. I was this girl that everyone wanted to be except me."

Jack sits there in silence, just listening.

"I hate that a whole year of my life was taken from me. I think that's why I do things to piss off my parents. Because I have so much anger towards them." I take a deep breath, realizing that I didn't take many breaths between each word.

Jack sighs, "Yeah, I know what you mean. It's okay though. You can't change the past but you can change for the future."

I sniff, "You're right. You're so different, Harris. Seriously, last year, I would have laughed so hard if someone told me you were going to say that to me."

Jack laughs, "So you're saying I've-," he waits for me to finish his sentence. I laugh with him then say, "Changed. Yes, you've changed."

A while later, I force Jack to go back to his room. I fall asleep on my bed shortly after that. I'm really happy that I gave in and agreed to date him. He's easy to talk to and he doesn't mind that I am not perfect.