Lazy Summer Days

I wake up with a massive headache and a very sore throat. I take a shower and go downstairs for some pills. I don't remember anything after Jack and I were in the kitchen and I was seeing things blurrier. I'm sure they just took me and Prescott home though.

Kendall is downstairs making toast. She hands me some with jam and I take that and some water with pills to the couch.

"How was you and Jack's walk last night?" she asks as she sits down.

What walk?

I look at her confused and she says, "Oh, I forgot you had something. You refused to go in the car with Prescott so Jack walked you home. You should probably thank him when he comes down."

I nod. I will.

We watch some tv but Prescott and Jack haven't come out yet; it's been an hour.

I decide that I need to take a day to rest, so I go up to my room. I take a huge water bottle with me too.

I watch a movie and get up to stretch. I walk down the hallway a few times. But I hear Jack's door open during one of my laps.

I see him walk out and head for the stairs so I walk over into his sight.

He sighs, "I thought I would miss you going down."

I say, "I'm just walking around. Oh, thanks for walking me home last night."

His eyes widen, "You remember that?"

I shake my head, "No, Kendall told me."

He nods, then starts walking away. I feel like that was weird but maybe he is just tired.

I walk back to my room and watch the next Avenger movie. I am watching them in order.

I stay in my room all the way until lunch time. For lunch, I walk downstairs and see Prescott sitting on the couch. Before I go talk to him, I go over to Kendall to see what she is making. It looks like sloppy joes. Kendall says, "I had a craving. Jack is out with his friends, maybe you can ask him to bring you something home." She knows I don't really like them.

I nod and text him. He responds with, 'ok,' so I text him my order with a thank you at the end.

Then I sit down next to Prescott. He looks at me then gives me a big hug. I ask, "What?"

He says, "I was so stupid last night. I don't know why I did that but I remember you coming and talking to me."

I say slowly, "Do you remember that whole conversation?"

He shakes his head, "Bits and pieces."

I say, "I'm the one who should be sorry. I've been a terrible sister and last night, even intoxicated you told me something that I wasn't ready to hear so I got mad."

He asks, "What did I say?"

"It's not important now, but please talk to me if you feel like you haven't gotten any attention. Please don't get drunk, I can tell you first hand, it sucks."

He nods, "I'm feeling that right now."

I scrunch his hair a little then reposition facing the tv. Glad that ended well.

I go back to my room after Kendall and Prescott finish eating and watch tv while I wait for Jack to get home with my food.

At 1:34 I hear him open the front door and I run down the stairs to get the food. He puts the bag on the counter and I go over and hug him quickly saying, "I'll pay you back." but I realize that he was completely stiff during that hug. While I take the food out, I ask, "What was that about? You always return my constant hugging."

I plop a chip in my mouth as I look at him for a response. He doesn't say anything or look at me, he just walks by and goes upstairs. Geez. What was that about?

I sit down at an island stool and eat my food while scrolling through my phone. I venmo pay him $15 too, hoping that is enough.

I eat pretty quickly because no one is around to distract me, then I clean up and head upstairs. I get back into my bed and watch more tv. Having some of these types of lazy days are always fun.

I don't leave my bed until like 4, when Kendall calls me down. "What is it?" I ask as I walk down the stairs.

She holds up a package and says, "I just bought more clothes. Can you try them on please?" she begs.

I scoff as a joke, "Why can't you?"

"Because I need to be able to see what I look like from all angles while wearing them." She says like it should have been obvious to me. I kinda forgot that we used to do this. She has always made me try on her clothes. She is just lucky that we have very similar body shapes.

I start changing into some outfits and coming out to show her. Not gonna lie, she has good taste. I try on this one black dress that is short and pretty tight. The perfect homecoming dress type of style. As I am walking out to the living room to show her, I see Jack coming down the stairs. He glances at me then walks right between me and Kendall without saying anything.

"Where are you going?" Kendall asks annoyed.

"Out," Jack says then closes the door on his way out.

"Geez, that boy is so moody." Kendall says as she goes back to looking at how the dress fits.

We continue trying on outfits for like an hour and by the end of it, I am exhausted.

We both eat leftovers from lunch for dinner, Prescott joins us too, but Jack doesn't come home anytime tonight.

"Did he ever tell you where he went?" I ask her.

She shakes her head no. That's so weird.

I get to sleep at a reasonable time and sleep well all night.