Beach House With Permission?

This week has been the best week of the summer. Interesting how I haven't gone to a single party and yet I have still had so much fun. Jack and I have done some pretty wild things.

On Thursday, we get invited to a birthday party for Jennifer. It's at the lake houses again but I'm not sure if my mom will let me. I guess I'll text her and ask.

Jack and I spend the day watching movies as we wait for her to respond. Later in the afternoon, she finally asks, 'Can Prescott go with you?"

I sigh and text Prescott asking him if he'll go. That'll be super weird but if he brings some friends then it should be fine.

Prescott is weirded out, for good reason, but he agrees. He really is the best. I text my mom back saying that he agreed, and then I thanked her. She texts back almost immediately, 'Okay, just remember that we have security at the beach house.'

I answer, 'Of course. We won't be a problem.' Hopefully that convinced her enough. I'm not sure what else to say.

I finally take my eyes off of my phone and say, "She's letting me go, but Prescott is coming with."

Jack has a mixed reaction. He looks happy but also a little weird out by Prescott coming. Before he can say anything, I say, "I know it's going to be weird but he'll be with his friends. We probably won't even see him much."

Jack smiles, "Cool. Should we leave tomorrow morning?"

"Probably, because then we can spend some time there before the party."

Jack nods and yells for Kendall. Kendall agrees with our planning decisions and lets us take her car again. She sits on the other couch, texting Leo.

I sink back into my spot on the couch, leaning further into Jack. He looks down at me, where I meet his eyes. We both stare in each other's eyes. His blue eyes are so pretty. I've always known that, but I've never wanted to just stare at them until now.

We both snap out of it when we see Kendall's phone pointed at us. She smiles and says, "You guys are really cute. I'll text the picture to you later."

Jack and I scoff and reposition towards the tv. Moment over. At least I can have a picture of it, I guess.

Kendall and I go shopping for a gift quickly before we eat dinner. We decide to get her a joint present so that it can be more expensive. Sometimes a lot of cheaper presents is worse than a few expensive ones.

After dinner, I start packing some clothes into a bag. I also put a bottle of Ibuprofen, knowing that we will need it. Now that Jack and I are dating, I wonder if he will finally tell me what secret keeps him sober. I genuinely want to know.

Before I can fall asleep, I hear a knock at my door. I already know who it is. "What is it Harris?"

Jack opens the door, closes it, then sits down next to me. I rest my head on his shoulder while he holds my hand. "Tomorrow is going to be so different."

I look up at his face confused, "What do you mean?"

"We haven't gone to a party actually dating. It'll be different, right? I've never really gone to a party with a girlfriend."

I hit his arm, "Jack, you used to go to a ton of parties when you were dating people."

Jack laughs, "No, but it was different. That wasn't like this."

I laugh, "Wow, that doesn't make me feel good."

Jack looks at me, "I would never do what I did to those girls to you. I would never hurt you."