Secrets Spilled

The food at the place is delicious but I was only a little hungry, so I have a lot left over. The waiter boxes everything up, and we stay and chat for a while. Then Kendall and I go into the restroom to freshen up.

"Leo's been a little distant lately. Do you happen to know why?" Kendall asks, seeming very concerned.

I frown, "Sorry to hear that Kendall. Maybe he is just in a bad mood."

Kendall continues, "No, it's been like ever since that one party."

Shoot. Yeah, I definitely know why, but will you like the reason?

I adjust my hair, completely forgetting that the hickey was on this side and it flashes into the mirror. Kendall looks at me with a confused expression. "What was that?" she asks as she turns toward me and moves my hair.

"Is that a hickey? Why do you have a hickey, MC?" she asks, seeming really upset.

"Wait, I can explain-," I say, but she interrupts, "No need! I know exactly what's happening. How long have you been with my boyfriend?!" she yells.

My mouth drops open; it figuratively hit the ground. "Kendall! No that is not it at all! I'm with Jack!" I yell loudly, completely forgetting that I was going to do this gently.

"My brother? You're with Jack? He cheated on you and you are still dating him." Kendall says with confusion.

"I'm in love with him, Kendall," I say quietly. I pause to let that sink in.

"You're kidding, right? I don't know which one is worse. He literally tore you apart for days and you're back with him?" she almost yells.

"Kendall, he loves me too," I say, defending him.

Kendall laughs dryly, "You know how many girls he has said that too? Seriously, do you because he doesn't."

I shout, "Kendall, that's not fair! He can change just like I have."

"But have you? Have you actually? You've been making out with my brother behind my back. Has he-,"

She stops herself but we both know what she was going to say. "We haven't done anything Kendall." I say quietly.

"Not yet, but just wait until he gets bored of you when you don't," she spits out at me. Those words hurt the most. She is one of the few people who know that I am waiting for the right person. Yep, with all the guys I have been with, I have never had sex. Jack certainly doesn't know that yet because I didn't know how to tell him. He hasn't pressured anything yet anyway. Kendall is now just using that against me.

"Have some faith in your own brother," I mutter angrily as I walk out of the restroom. Now all I feel is anger.

I walk by the boys and ask, "Have we paid?" They nod, so I walk out of the restaurant. Jack follows gets up and runs after me. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" he asks me.

I keep walking until I get to the elevator. Then I sigh as I say, "Yeah, Kendall found out."

He looks me in the eyes, searching for if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I sniffle a little, revealing his answer.

"What'd she say?" he asks.

I sniffle again before I answer, "She saw the hickey, and she thought I got it from Leo, so I had to rush to tell her that it was you. Apparently, she hated that even more."

Jack grabs me and pulls me into a tight hug. He whispers, "It's okay. she'll get over it."

I pull away from the hug, "I don't think she will, Jack. She is so mad at me right now."