Prescott Trouble

I wake up feeling refreshed. I went to bed pretty early because after Jack left, I passed out.

I walk downstairs and put some cereal in a bowl. Then I sit down next to Kendall, who is watching tv.

"How's Leo doing?" I ask.

"He's having the time of his life. I'm so jealous." She says.

I nod and turn toward the tv.

Jack comes out soon after that and we all watch tv for a while.

We spend most of the day by the pool again and Kendall makes us smoothie bowls for lunch. Then we hang out there all afternoon.

At around 6:30, I get a text from Mark saying, 'Your brother's at the party right now and he is really drunk.'

I sigh out loud, "Crap," as I stand up. Kendall and Jack ask, "What's going on?"

I answer, "My brother is at that party and apparently is really drunk."

They both say, "I'm coming," and just like that we are in Kendall's Range Rover driving to this party that I really don't want to be at.

We didn't have much time so I am in athletic shorts and a t shirt.

When we get there, Kendall drops me and Jack off while she parks her car. We rush inside to find him.

I hug Mark as we come in, "Hey Mark, where is he?"

Mark says, "I put him in the office area." We follow Mark to the office where Prescott is mumbling.

"Can I talk to him alone for a second?" I ask Jack and Mark. They both nod and step out of the room.

"Prescott, what is going on?" I ask.

"How could you not have figured it out? Apparently the only way for mom and dad to notice me is if I get all drunk and dumb."

I sigh, it all makes sense now, "Prescott... I am so sorry. I have been a terrible older sister."

"Yeah, you have been."

I laugh a little at his honesty, "I am trying to change. And I am so sorry that you feel like you don't get any attention from mom and dad. I know this isn't what you what you want to hear, but I feel the same way."

He scoffs.

I continue, "I think maybe the reason I do some of the dumb things I do is because I am trying to get attention, so I could never be mad that you did the same. I am so sorry."

Prescott sighs, "It's not even that, but my girlfriend also broke up with me right before I went to your room and yelled."

I hug him, "I'm sorry. She is an idiot if she can't see how great you are."

He shakes his head, "She's not, she just found someone better."

I say strongly, "You will find someone better too. There is someone for everyone."

He nods and says, "I'm sorry about what I said about Jack. You would never be dumb enough to hook up with him."

I don't know how to react. "Umm, why not though? Just asking."

Prescott says, "Are you dumb? Have you met Jack?"

"Okay, but last year I was a big player too and I changed. Why can't he?"

Prescott sighs, "Mary Cate, I've watched him all year, he hasn't. But it kinda seems like maybe I wasn't wrong in what I said."

I scoff, "You were wrong, but not only that, you were wrong to say it even if it was true," I say a lot louder than I anticipated.