Big/Casual News

He buys the dress for me and we leave. It's lunchtime but since we just ate, we get smoothies instead.

Mark and I spend the rest of Wednesday together, but on Thursday, Mark goes to see some of his friends. I hang out with Kendall for most of the day.

I spend Friday making the house and myself look nice. The stupid hickey is still there, so I've just been covering it up.

The house actually looks really nice after I spent time cleaning it. I think my parents will be proud. My mom says their plane lands at 10, and I want to be at the airport to pick them up.

Mark comes over to my house after I tell him that Kendall and Leo are out together.

"Don't mess anything up though. I just cleaned the house myself," I say as I let him in.

He smiles and says, "Wow, house-wife Mary Cate."

I smile and say, "Laugh all you want but the house looks great."

He raises his eyebrows, "I'm sure it does." He walks to the couch and puts his arm on the couch head. I sit down under his arm and turn on the tv.

"Oh, did you hear that there's a party tomorrow night?" he asks.

"Wow, a party that you're not throwing?" I tease him. "Um, yeah I did hear about that, but we have the dinner, duh."

He says, "Really? Oh, I forgot about that." I push him a little and say, "You're not funny."

He smirks then says, "The dinner will end at 9:30 at the latest. We could still go if you want."

"I don't know, depends how the dinner goes," I say as I put my feet on the coffee table. I lay more onto him and rest my head.

We watch an episode of criminal minds and we've gotten halfway into another episode when we hear a knock at the door. Both of us jump in fear. I try to calm my heart down as Mark stands up.

As he walks to the door, he says, "If there's a killer on the other side of the door, I'm going to tell them that this is your house."

I roll my eyes and go on my phone. He opens the door and says, "Jack?"

I immediately turn around and look at him. Jack takes a breath, "Oh, I can come back later."

Mark says, "No, it's fine. What do you need?"

Jack takes a second before saying, "Um, I just came to get some stuff from my room."

"Yeah, come in," Mark says. Jack walks in and looks at me. He seems flustered, I don't know.

"Hey Jack," I say, trying to sound friendly.

He mumbles, "Hey," as he walks up the stairs.

Mark walks back to the couch. He mouths, "Why does he seem scared of me?"

I shake my head. Mark wraps his arm around me and unpauses the show.

I didn't realize how long Jack was up there until he came down. I turn around and say, "Bye Jack!" as he walks out.

He nods to me and walks out. That was so much more awkward than it needed to be.

My eyes slowly close as my breathing slows. I sleep for a while until Mark wakes me up. He whispers, "I have to go." Then I feel him lift me up and carry me up the stairs. He drops me on my bed and says, "What time are you waking up?"

Half-asleep, I answer, "9." A few seconds later, he kisses my forehead and says, "Good night."

I fall back asleep quickly, but I am awoken up to an alarm in the morning. I check the time and see that it's 9. Mark must have set an alarm. I smile as I rub my eyes.