✰ 48

Athena was overly excited to go to the beach for the first time. I was still in disbelief that she had never been. My childhood was shit, and I was still able to go to the beach. Either way, I was glad that I was going to be the first one that she went to one with. The only problem we had was that she didn’t have a bathing suit. She was freaking out because she didn’t have anything nice to wear to the beach, so I brought up the plan that she could find a bathing suit at one of the beach shops. “But,” Athena complained with a pout on her face once we got into the car, “I want to buy a bathing suit but I don’t want you to see it. There’s no fun in that. I want to surprise you.”

I chuckled a bit as I put my key into the ignition [hot and fresh out the kitchen], “Surprise me?” I turned to look at Athena who had a smile on her face. “What do mean by surprise me? Are you going to buy something really sexy for me?” She blushed as she looked away from me.

“Maybe. I’ll buy a sexy bathing suit, if you also buy one for yourself.” I laughed out loud as I began shaking my head. No way was I going to wear a bathing suit. It just wasn’t my thing. I felt a little bit too exposed. “Please, baby,” Athena asked with a pout. “We can split up and find a bathing suit and then meet up again,” she suggested. I shook my head firmly as I began driving. I was against the whole idea, especially the splitting up part. Jamal and everyone else was following behind us and I could have someone look after her while we were split up, but I still wasn’t fond of the idea. “Baby,” she whimpered as her hand met my thigh. I kept looking at the road and tried my best to ignore Athena. She leant over and began kissing my neck. “I’ll be good and you can have Phoenix, Charlie, Jett, or Jamal look after me,” she mumbled.

I bit my lower lip as Athena removed her lips from my neck. Looking over at the passenger side, I saw her giving me a hopeful look. I guess I could put my pride aside just for today. “Fuck, fine,” I grumbled. I heard Athena squeal in anticipation. I was happy that she was happy, but I sure as hell wasn’t looking forward to getting my ass in a bikini. I shivered just at the thought as Athena began singing along to the song on the radio.

When we got to the beach, we did as planned, we split up. I had Charlie look after Athena. The only reason I picked him was because, one, I believed he was gay, so I wouldn’t have to worry about him checking Athena out. Another reason I picked him was because he was sensitive, so I knew he wouldn’t say anything out of the way to Athena. When it came to protection, I was sure he could protect Athena if something was to happen so he was a good candidate. As for me, I went the opposite way of Charlie and Athena with Jamal, Phoenix and Jett. They were clowning me since I had agreed to get a bathing suit. “This is going to be hilarious,” Phoenix said as he chuckled, “I can’t fucking wait.”

We looked from shop to shop until I finally found a bathing suit that I actually somewhat liked. It was a black bikini that wasn’t too revealing, but it was still sexy. I tried on the bikini before I found it and instantly felt uncomfortable. I groaned as I stepped out of the changing room for my friends to see me. As if to boost my self-esteem, they all began laughing. “Gee, thanks,” I mumbled before I started to turn to go back into the dressing room.

Jett grabbed my arm and stared at me for a while. “You look nice, boss. You just look a bit too awkward. It’s weird seeing you in something revealing.”

“I agree,” Jamal said with a nod. “You look good as hell. Athena’s going to love it, but just fucking relax. The awkwardness is a turn off.” Phoenix and Jett nodded with agreement. I rolled my eyes at all three of them. After paying for my bathing suit, I walked out of the shop with my friends in my new attire. They were still giggling every now and then. I ignored them although, and decided to call Athena to see if she had found something to wear, and if she was ready to meet up. We had basically been split up for an hour so I’m sure she had found something.