✰ 2

"She only wants to fuck you and then kill you," Noa yelled on our walk back home. I wish I would've never told her about the tip and the note, because she's been chewing me out about it for the last five minutes. "Give me the note! I'll throw it in the trash where it belongs!" Noa reached her hand out but I kept my hands stuffed in my jacket. No way was I going to give her the note. "Give me the note," Noa repeated. I kept walking, and paid her no mind. "Athena Merrick, if you don't hand over the gotdamn note right now, I swear I will fucking kill you before she does!"

"You're being overdramatic, Noa." Noa began whispering shit in Spanish that I couldn't comprehend. I hated when she did that shit. "Speak in English! You're in the fucking United States, not Mexico!" Noa kept on running her mouth, speaking things I couldn't understand. "English, do you know it?"

"That's what's wrong with you Americans! You think everyone has to learn English. Why don't you fuckers learn Spanish, huh!?"

"I took Spanish in high school, bitch. Remember? The only reason I passed was because of you."

We approached my house and we came to a stop. Noa handed me the bag full of food that Kat managed to fix for the kids and I for tonight. "You, Mariana and Rico are more than welcome to come eat with us. I know it's just as hard for you guys than it is for us." Noa gave me a soft smile before nodding.

"Yeah, I'll go get them. We'll be over in five! Don't eat all the pollo, si?"

"Say what?"

"Don't eat all the fucking chicken, yes? You fucking little ignorant whore!"

"At least I didn't jump the border when I was three!"

"At least I'm not white trash!" I laughed and shook my head before turning towards my house. I walked up the steps, and the door swung open. My youngest sibling stood there with a grin on his face.

"Hey, buddy. Who's watching you," I asked as I managed to pick him up with my free arm. Matty was only three. He was the only one out of all of the kids who had a different mom. Dad managed to knock up someone as no good as him, and he got custody which means basically, I got custody. Matty was adorable though. He had blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes. Blond hair was rare in this household. Everyone else either had mom's dark brunette locks, or dad's almost jet-black hair. "Are you hungry, handsome? Where's all your knucklehead brothers and sisters?" Matty just giggled as I placed the chicken on the table, and sat him in his high chair. I kissed his forehead and he smiled before banging on the table of his high chair.

"Yo," the voice boomed as the boy came down the stairs. "Ooooo, what's that," Ryker asked as he rubbed his hands together. I smacked my brother on the back of his head, and he rubbed the back of it as he gave me a frown. Ryker was eighteen and soon he'd be graduating from high school. He was a handful. All the girls swooned over his dark hair, and bad boy exteriors so girls literally fell down to their knees for him. I had to make sure he had condoms because I didn't want another little kid running around here. We already had too many mouths to feed. "What the hell was that for, Thena!?"

"You left Matty downstairs by himself! Do you know what could've happened to him?"

Ryker sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. Won't happen again."

"Good, can you get everyone else down here?"

"Hey, shitheads! Dinner's here, and so is Thena," Ryker yelled to the top of his lungs. Everyone came running downstairs from their rooms, eager to have a decent meal. They rushed to the pantry to get plates. The older kids had to grab the plates for the little ones. As usual, the youngest kids got their food first, then the oldest. Since Matty was the youngest I made sure he got some fries, and some specially made chicken nuggets by Kat. Chicken nuggets were his favorite, and Kat knew so whenever she cooked us dinner, she made sure Matty got his nuggets.