✰ 38

After the annoying car ride of Ryker leading the kids in a bothersome 'road trip' song, we had finally made it to the gymnasium. Athena kissed me on my lips quickly, and then ran to join her team on the court for warm-ups. I looked towards the bleachers, and saw one of her friends: Kat. She looked bored out of her mind, so I decided that I would sit with her. I went to sit beside Kat, and it seemed like everyone followed behind me. The kids began thanking her for cooking them a meal that was like a month ago. "So, what's up with you," I asked her. Kat gave me a small smile and then looked onto the court.

"Nothing, mate. Just been watching these lots make fools out of themselves. No one can play except that girl over there." I looked where Kat was pointing to see Harper. She pulled up for a shot and made it, which caused her to get a high five from Athena. "That bird over there," Kat switched the direction of her point. I wonder if her parents ever taught her that pointing was rude. Either way, once again, I followed her pointer finger. It was on the blonde with the big tits, who Athena didn't like. "She's terrible. Hasn't looked up from her phone once. Huge tits though, right?" I laughed and shook my head at her.

"That's right, you better shake your head," the voice from behind me said. I looked back and gave Noa an eye roll. "Keep rolling your eyes. If I catch you looking at any girl, I'm turning into a snitch and I'm telling Athena, ASAP. If you look at a girl in the bleachers during the game, I will literally run on the court to tell Athena." I smacked my lips at the girl, but I knew she would do it in no hurry.

I heard Jamal laugh from beside me. "You better keep your eyes closed for the rest of the game, playa." Phoenix and Jamal laughed, as well did Kat. Noa patted me on my back as in to remind me of what she said.

"Look, no girl in here has anything on Athena," I said as I turned back to look at Noa. "Not even you, so you have nothing to worry about." As soon as I said that, I felt Jamal tapping on my shoulder rapidly. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked towards him to see him looking as if he was going mental. Phoenix was beside him and he looked like he was losing it as well. "What the fuck is wrong with you two?"

"Hi, Kai." I looked down, at the row below us, and groaned when I saw the familiar face. The girl gave me a wink, and I looked away from her. I was looking towards Kat and she quirked a brow at me. Awkwardly, I shrugged my shoulders. I heard Michaela gasp behind me, and I knew it was because of the familiar face. What the fuck was Emily doing here? The last thing I needed was her and Athena in the same fucking room. "Are you just going to ignore me, Kai?" I mumbled a few swears to myself, but slowly looked towards the girl. I noticed her older sister was sitting beside her. She worked with Athena, so that's how Emily came along.

I knew she just wasn't here because her sister asked her to come. She was here to start trouble. "What's up, Em," I mumbled quietly. Noa was nearly breathing down my back at this point. All the pressure was on me, and I felt my whole body get hot. I've been under a lot pressure before, but this seemed so much more intense. "Uh, why are you here," I asked even though I knew exactly why.

"Well, Jasmine told me that one of her good friends was having a game. Of course, she mentioned it was your girlfriend, so I thought I'd come to see how well she plays." I sighed and looked towards Athena who was huddled up with her co-workers since the game was about to start. As in to save my life, the buzzer rang for the game to commence. Emily slowly turned around and faced the court.

"What was that all about," Ryker asked as he looked from Emily to me.

"Kai's ex," Michaela replied.

I could literally choke the fuck out of her. I knew I shouldn't have let her come to the stupid game. "As in the one you cheated on Athena with," suddenly Noa stood up. I stood up also. "Is this that Emily bitch!?" Emily quickly turned around, and soon I felt I would have to break up a fight. Luckily for me, Rico grabbed his woman and convinced her to sit down. I turned back around, quite embarrassingly. Some people that were sitting on the bleachers were staring at us as if we were wild animals. Emily smirked but then turned back around.