✰ 4

I sat in the car after walking out of the house, and replayed the events that happened tonight. The first time I saw Athena she was in a skimpy waitress outfit just like all the other girls, but for some reason she stood out. She had a toned stomach, amazing legs, plump, pink lips, an amazing frame and a dazzling face. Athena was the type of girl that made you look twice. She was confident but at the same time she was modest. Even in her little outfit, she held a sense of innocence. But she wasn’t too innocent. I could tell by the way she gave catty eyes to Michaela whenever she said a rude remark earlier at the restaurant. The way she was dancing at the nightclub showed that she wasn’t as innocent as she looked also. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of every move her body made, that’s how I noticed almost immediately that an asshole was trying to get with her. In her eyes, behind all of that nervousness, I could see a hint of lust. She wanted me despite my reputation, but then again most girls did. They were attracted by the danger, the drugs, the guns, the sex and even the deaths.

A lot of women came and went in my life, most of them were only useful for sex. Only one girl before Athena has ever made me look more than once. She was the only girlfriend that I've ever had, and the only girl that I’ve ever loved. But she fucked me over. I found out she was an informant for a rival gang. When I found out, I lost it. I was enraged. I felt hurt. Every word she uttered was a lie, but I couldn’t get myself to hurt her. Instead I ended up wrecking just about everything that I saw, and then I got my crew members to end every life of the rival gang, until I wiped the gang into nonexistence. Sure some fled and got away, but most didn’t. I had no idea where she went. I didn’t even know if she was alive but because of her, I had no true feelings. She left me cold, but when I saw Athena tonight, she sparked a fire. The coldness in my heart began to melt when I was around her. When I was with her I didn’t want to do any harm to anyone, I just wanted to make her happy and get her the hell out of Englewood. She was too beautiful to be stuck in a neighborhood filled of no good drug dealers and gang members. Most of my crew ran the territory of Englewood so at least, with my word, her and her family were safe, but still, she deserved to be somewhere in the suburbs, and so did her siblings.

Shit, I was losing it. I had only knew this girl for a night and I wanted to make her mine. Was I going crazy? She was probably just as bad as the others. She’ll probably stab me in the back when I’m least expecting it. A part of me wanted her, and that part believed that she could change me and make me a brand new person, but the other part of me told me that she wasn’t worth my time. My phone rang and I sighed as I answered it. “What’s up, Phoenix?”

“Hey, that guy still hasn’t paid up. We have him tied down to a chair in the old coke house in Fuller Park. What do you want us to do with him?” I sighed.

“Don’t do anything. I’m in Englewood, and I’m on my way.” Phoenix hung up and I began driving to the old abandoned house. When I got there, there wasn’t any cars parked out front, but that was only because the people in my crew were smart enough not to park right in front of a fucking abandoned drug house. But I didn’t have time to look for a parking space, because honestly I was angry and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the little bitch that owed me money. I hated when people didn’t pay their debts. I parked outside of the house and stormed inside. Two burly men, Ryan and Lewis, were standing by the door. Phoenix walked up to me but I looked past him. Behind him, the boy that owed me money was tied down to a chair and a lanky, tall man was standing over him. It had to be James. “So, what do you want us to do? James suggested that we just drench this place with gasoline and set his ass on fire. I think that’s a bit overkill, though,” Phoenix admitted. Phoenix was a good guy and I don’t think he ever personally killed anyone in his life. He always got out of a situation before it escalated to that point.

“Well if we set this place on fire with him in it, his screams would be heard all over the neighborhood and we don’t want to wake the neighbors.” Phoenix nodded and stepped aside. I walked up closer to the boy sitting in the chair. His arms and legs were securely tied to the chair, and he had a blindfold over his eyes. James stepped aside once I approached the chair. Once he stepped away, I noticed that a table covered with torture tools was right beside the sitting boy. “You didn’t start without me, did you?”