✰ 55

“Aaron’s crib is right around the block,” Jamal said as we drove through a suburban neighborhood. I could already hear the music coming from the party and my adrenaline was rushing. It didn’t help that I was already angry. No one was getting any mercy tonight. “You know what you can do Kai? You can just picture everybody with that Harper chick’s face. I doubt you’d miss then.” I rolled my eyes at Jamal and looked out of the window. He parked in front of the medium-sized home. No one was standing outside but there was quite a few cars parked in the yard. Jett handed me an assault rifle and a handgun, as everyone else began getting prepared as well. We all had already put on our bulletproof vests before heading out to the party, so we were all ready.

“Don’t be stupid,” I said as I looked from Jamal to the backseat to Phoenix, Charlie and Jett. A few more cars rolled up behind us, but they were all a part of our crew. “We’re here to kill, not to play games and not to torture. Get as many headshots as you can. Keep a look out not only for yourself, but the people around you. I don’t want any of you dying on me. I’ve already had a pretty shitty night, alright?” I looked at Charlie who was shaking his leg in a timid nature. “Matter of fact, Charlie, stay in the car. I don’t want you getting killed, alright?”

“No way, boss,” Charlie said as he shook his head. His voice shook as he spoke, but he tried to keep his composure on the outside. “I’m going in there and I’m going to kill some Buffs. I can handle my own. I demonstrated that back in Tampa at that club.” Jett nodded as to agree with Charlie. I sucked my teeth and turned back around to face the windshield. “Please, boss. I promise I won’t let you down.”

“Let the kid come,” Jamal urged me.

I sighed, “Fuck, fine. Let’s just get this over with.”

We all hopped out of the SUV, and as soon as we did, so did the other crew members in the cars behind us. They were all armed and ready to kill. Some even began running towards the entrance. I held my gun in a cautious posture as I heard gunshots go off in the house. Now, it was show time. I ran into the house with everyone else. There were beer bottles and red cups all over the floor and scared naked women. I pushed them out of the door as I tried to spot anyone with a buffalo charm wrapped around their neck. “Message from Kai West, motherfucka’,” I heard one of the men from my crew say as they shot someone upstairs. I smirked a bit and walked into the bloodbath that was happening in the living room. I ducked behind a couch, and blindfired at a guy who was ducked behind a counter in the kitchen. I peeped out quickly to see the guy peep out at the same time. I quickly pulled the trigger and unleashed a few rounds in him before he fell down to the ground. As I stood up another guy unexpectedly popped out from behind a counter. He fired at me with his pistol and groaned as I felt a burning sensation near my arm. Before I could try to shoot him, someone from behind me did.

“I got you, boss,” Charlie said before flashing me a smile. He ran out to the backyard where a bunch of gunfire was happening. I looked down at my right arm to see blood pouring from it. It wasn’t a big deal. It was just a graze. Pushing pass the minor pain, I ran out in the backyard and began firing at any man who was too dumb to take cover. I then ducked and found cover behind a brick wall. I looked to my left to see a man with a buffalo charm trying to reload his gun. I shot him in the head without much thought and glanced over the brick wall. There was a lot of guys against us out here. Where the hell was the rest of my crew? I could make out Charlie and Jett, but Jamal and Phoenix were nowhere to be found. They were probably taking care of people in the upper level of the house. Shaking off the thoughts of my friends, I began firing periodically over the brick wall. I was getting kills, but slowly. I’d rather be cautious then to get shot again. I was already losing enough blood. If someone shot me in the right place and got a main artery, I’d be as good as dead.