✰ 13

I pulled the black graphic sweatshirt over my head just as Phoenix walked into the room. "The limos out front," he called out with his eyes covered. Grabbing my wallet off the dresser, I began to walk past the boy who still had his eyes shielded. We were already running late. It took me longer than normal to get dressed. I don't know why. I wore my regular, basic attire. I had an addiction to monochrome clothing. If I wasn't wearing all black and white, then usually I was wearing some other dull color. Loud colors weren't my thing. Mostly, I wore sweatshirts, but during the summer I'd venture out for t-shirts or long, thin sleeved shirts. I didn't really like venturing out of my style. Sometimes I would try to fit in with the latest trend, but most of the time I went with whatever I felt comfortable in.

Phoenix opened his eyes when I didn't say anything to him. He grabbed my arm before I could walk out of the door. "What," I asked with my brows furrowed.

"You're missing something." I rolled my eyes as Phoenix walked over to my walk-in closet. I followed him and watched as he looked through my collection of hats. He picked out a black beanie that simply had the word 'bitch' on it in huge, white lettering. "Put that on. Your hair looks like shit." I punched him right in the chest for insulting my hair and he groaned. "Fuck, you didn't have to puncture my fucking heart." I snatched the hat from him and tried not to laugh as I put it on. As I walked out of my room, he followed after me, "You know, I won't try to give you fashion advice anymore. My heart seriously hurts."

"Don't be a pussy," I replied as ran down the stairs. As soon as I got down there, I could smell alcohol. A couple of my friends wanted to go out with me tonight, and they were already pre-drinking. James was standing by the door like a preschooler that was ready for his first day of the school. Jamal was dancing in the living room to a song that he was playing from the speakers as Jett nodded her head to it. Jett and I had a hate-love relationship. We were somewhat good friends but she always stuck her nose in my business, where it didn't belong. Plus, she always tried to get with the girls that I got with. I wish she would take Michaela off my hands, but even Jett wasn't that stupid. "Guys, don't get sloppy drunk before you meet Athena," I yelled at them as I took a red cup out of Jett's tattooed hands.

"But I already met her," Jett argued as she reached her hands back out to the cup as if she was a baby. I downed the rest of the drink and she groaned.

"I don't give a fuck. Now let's go. We kept her and her friends waiting for way too long," I said before I walked towards the door. James quickly moved out of the way. He was way too eager to go clubbing. The Hummer limo that I had called in was waiting on the outside. I had already called and made reservations for me and my friends to have the V.I.P. Section at the club. The club owners claimed it was short notice, but they couldn't turn me down. I mean, I'm Kai fucking West. We all piled up in the limo and almost instantly Jamal started up one of his teasing sessions.

"So, I'll finally get to lay my eyes on Athena. I'm the only one here who hasn't seen her. I hope she's as pretty as you're leading on," he said with a teasing white smile. Phoenix passed me a rolled joint and I put it in my mouth as he lighted it.

"She's beautiful," I told him as the smoke escaped my lips. "Way better than your baby's mom."

"It's babymama! How many times do I have to tell you that!? It's all together, motherfucker. Say it with me." The boy began saying the word over and over again and I laughed as I continued to smoke the substance. "The way this Athena girl got you wrapped up, she better look like that white bitch from the Hunger Games or some shit. If she looks like Adele, I'm literally going to slap the fuck out of you."

"Hey! Adele isn't that bad," Phoenix pointed out.

"But bro, if you could fuck that bow toting ass bitch or that rolling in the deep bitch, which one would you chose," Jamal asked as he raised his brows. Phoenix remained quiet since Jamal had made his point. He couldn't even answer the question. "Exactly, nigga!"