Chapter 55 Intoxicated

Wei Ying looked across the little table at his husband, who was determined to make him think about things he didn't want to.

Lan Zhan stared back, fully aware of how difficult the task that lay ahead of him was. Wei Ying had to make a decision, one way or another. It was unfair to the stranger staying at the Inn, to keep them there indefinitely.

Unfortunately for him, Wei Ying was a master at avoidance.

He stood up and planted himself into his husband's willing lap. Staring into those golden pools, he forgot what he came there for. Tiny Amber flecks swirled into molten heat as their lips came crashing together, again and again.

Lan Zhan broke away first, a flicker of amusement flashing in his eyes at the whine of lost contact coming from the puddle in his arms. He put something on the table in front of his husband who turned to look at it with interest.

"My darling husband!" He purred. "Do you plan on getting me drunk tonight?"

"Mn. Will make it easier."

"One jar isn't going to work." He grinned when Lan Zhan put the rest of the jars from under the table on top.

Wei Ying poured into two cups. "It's no fun drinking alone."

Lan Zhan frowned. "Wei Ying is never alone."

Wei Ying pecked his lips sincerely. "Thank you, my love. But tonight, let's both get trashed." He held up the cup to those luscious pink lips. "Please?" He added, when they refused to part for him.

Reluctantly, Lan Zhan drank.

Wei Ying watched him, drinking from his own cup and counting down. "Three, two...and there we go." He supported his husband's head on his shoulder and continued drinking.

Drunk Lan Zhan was fun in lots of ways, he just had to wait.

Three jars in and Lan Zhan blearily opened his eyes. First confusion reigned, but as he became aware that Wei Ying was sitting so close, he grinned stupidly.

"Love Wei Ying." He slurred, ears flaming.

Wei Ying beamed at him, covering the hot ears with his cool palms. "I love you more. Especially now!" He kissed him deeply. "You're so cute."

The smile vanished. "Wei Ying is cuter. Wei Ying!"

"Alright, alright." Wei Ying quickly agreed with him and the smile was back. Maybe this was a good time to ask, he thought, for difficult questions. And he had one of those, burning in the back of his mind for so long.

"Lan Zhan?"

"Mn?"

"Do you...do you ever get...tired of me?"

He gasped as the arms around him pulled tighter than a vice. Lan Zhan burrowed into his neck and inhaled deeply.

"Favourite smell. Wei Ying."

"But Lan Zhan, I..I keep...it's not exactly a quiet life, and I was...wondering if you...had any regrets?"

"Yes."

Wei Ying wasn't sure he'd heard correctly. His heart plummeted. He blinked away the sudden tears. "About what?" He cleared his throat but the lump wouldn't go away.

"In Cloud Recesses. First time. Was horrible to Wei Ying." He looked incredibly upset. "I'm sorry."

The tears did flow then. "Fuddy duddy."

Lan Zhan replaced his hands with his own. "Love Wei Ying. Did not tell him." He leaned in to kiss his eyelids. "Yin iron, went without Wei Ying. Qiongqi way, left Wei Ying. Phoenix mountain, blindfold. Burial Mounds, should have stayed. Guangyin Temple, want to go with Wei Ying."

This was not going to plan. Wei Ying couldn't stop his tears. He was filled with his own regret, at not confessing earlier in their lives, and now it seemed that Lan Zhan had those same feelings.

"I'm sorry too," he blurted out. "I should have told you how I felt, but...Lan Zhan...I was so scared. I don't think I could have lived if you...if you didn't feel the same way. If you rejected me."

The strong arms held him tight against his chest. "Together. Promise."

"Yes, I promise. Together forever."

Lan Zhan stood up and walked to the door.

"Lan Zhan? Lan Zhan! Wait, where are you taking me??" Wei Ying struggled to free himself but Lan Zhan was too strong.

"Shh." He slurred, smiling. "No shouting in Cloud Recesses."

"Put me down then! Just what do you-" he suddenly couldn't talk. "Mnnmmm! Mnnnmmmm!!!!" He glared at his husband. He was so going to pay for this.

For the moment though, he had no choice but to hold on and pray it wasn't anywhere embarrassing like Uncle Qiren's room. Lan Zhan walked and walked, higher up into the back passages of the mountain, until he suddenly stopped. He let go of Wei Ying, only to pull him down so they were both kneeling.

Wei Ying found himself looking at the memorial tablets of Lan Zhan's parents.

"Together." Lan Zhan looked at him, his face so earnest, Wei Ying was afraid he would cry again.

They bowed three times.

"I love you." Wei Ying leaned up and kissed him.

"Mn. Love Wei Ying. Always."

"Shall we go back now?" Wei Ying asked him, uncertainly.

Lan Zhan shook his head. "Don't wanna."

"Okay. Then what would you like to do now?" Wei Ying took his arm and started walking back, in a covert attempt to return to the Jingshi.

Half way down, Lan Zhan took control and started pulling him in another direction completely.

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying whispered. "Lan Zhan! Where are we going now?"

"Bunnies."

Wei Ying had to run to keep up, regretting making him drink now.

The little fluffy puff balls excitedly came towards them, pink noses twitching in delight. Lan Zhan picked one up and thrust it at Wei Ying.

"Yours."

"Alright."

He picked up another one and did the same. And again. Wei Ying was scared he was going to drop them at this rate.

"Okay! Stop now!" He put them back on the ground.

Such a look of hurt fell on his face. Lan Zhan turned away immediately.

"Lan Zhan? Lan Zhan??!" Wei Ying came up behind him but he wouldn't look at him. "I'm sorry! I really am." He came in front of him and cupped his face. "I'm sorry, I won't do it again, alright?" He kissed him gently. "Come on, let's go back."

"No."

"Please?"

Lan Zhan shook his head.

Then inspiration struck. Wei Ying yawned loudly and stretched. "I'm so tired, but okay, let's play some more."

It had the desired effect; Lan Zhan took his arm and began marching towards the Jingshi. They fell asleep straight away.

*****

In the morning, loud shouting woke them up.

"What the hell are you two doing in our room?" Jiang Cheng pulled off their blanket in disgust.

*****

A/N

The chapters are getting longer, I hope you don't mind! Thank you dear, dear readers! For sticking with me until now, for your lovely comments and votes, for letting me believe that I can do this.

My very first chapter was published on February 28th of this year, and I cannot believe where we are now! First book is number one on WangXian chart with 17K plus reads. So I am thanking you again and again for taking your precious time on me!

May your days be filled with happiness, pizza and chocolate forever!