✨03✨

03: Marriage proposal

"That is..let me out of here." Ace said cringing to his lovey dovy parents. "..um..so you won't say no to marrying?" Granny Emma raised an eyebrow.

"Not until I know who it is..is she hot?" Granny Emma slapped the back of his neck. "What was that for?!" He pouted. "Her name is Lisa Jones.. she's very pretty."

The name seemed to ring a bell in Ace's mind but he couldn't seem to recall the name. "Ma..could she possibly be.." Sierra and Drew exchanged looks.

"Yes. That's right. She is the one and I think she is absolutely perfect for this chipmunk" Granny laughed at the name she called Ace. A faint pink shaded red appeared on his cheeks.

"Granny!! Just because I uhh..used to adore the cartoon series doesn't mean I am a chipmunk. Besides, I don't look or sound like a chipmunk. That just doesn't make sense-"

"You're doing it again. You're rambling Ace." Sierra cut him off before he could read out a whole story of how he shouldn't be called a chipmunk.

Ace looked down taking a deep breath. "Honey, we know that you are anxious about the sudden marriage," Sierra continued. "But you need to calm down okay? It's not like she would kill you."

"I guess yeah." He waved a bye and left the room leaving his grandmother and his parents. "Mother, do you really think..she would marry him?" Drew, who was quiet the whole time finally cleared his throat.

"I don't know. But..I'm going to meet her family and talk about it. I'm sure they will agree even if she won't." Emma reassured.

"Well than, let's meet them today?" Drew suggested and they nodded.
.
.
.
"Bestie where you at?" Lisa called out. Lisa was currently at Jia, her best friend's apartment. "Help me carry the ramen!" Lisa yelled from the kitchen. Jia rolled her eyes and came to the rescue.

They sat down on the floor infront the couch after placing the two bowls of ramen on the coffee table. "What movie are we watching?" Lisa searched the movies she had.

"Let's watch anime!" Jia beamed as she got Netflix on the TV. "Attack On Titan? Awesome." Lisa said as she saw the anime on TV.

The two started eating as soon as the anime's first episode started.

Hours and hours later, they finished watching season 1. Lisa couldn't stop fangirling over a certain character and Jia just giggled.

"EREH is mine!" Lisa exclaimed with gleaming eyes. She got interrupted by her phone. "What's up with him? He has been calling you all day!" Jia pouted.

"I'll finally pick up." Lisa said picking up the phone.

"What do you want?"

"Where the heck are you?! Mom and dad are searching for you. Learn how to pick up your phone!"

Eli whisper yelled at Lisa.

"Why are you whispering. Why is mom and dad looking for me..they called me after school and I'm sure I told them that I would be at Jia's apartment"

"Well, get over here. The former queen of Werthon is here and is searching for you!!!"

"W-What? I'm coming right now. You better not be lying!"

Lisa hanged the call as she panicked to find her bag. "Sorry..I gotta talk to you later. Love ya!" Lisa ran to the door.

"Love ya too bestie!" Jia sighed.

Lisa had to run back home because obviously, Eli would never pick her up.

She walked inside the house panting. She fixed her shirt and looked at the former queen who was actually there.

Her eyes widened as she recalled the woman as the woman she had met earlier that day.

"Lisa, there she is" Lisa's mother said. The former queen smiled at her. "Come sit with us." Lisa passed by her annoying brother to sit down next to her.

"Yes?" She asked not knowing what to ask. "She is here with a marriage proposal for the prince." Lisa and Eli's calm expression turned into a shocked one.

"Marriage? For her? The prince? What" Eli was beyond confused. "Lisa, my grandson can be very mischievous and arrogant but he has a soft heart. He just can't open up.. but I'm sure you can help him. You'll do great together." Emma sweetly said.

"B-But..I am still in college.." Lisa tried to reason out. "My grandson is also in the same college with you.."

To be continued..