✨49✨

49: Her biological father

"I want to tell you guys something.." Lisa bit her lip as she told her family. "What happened sweetie? Do you not like the food?"

"No mom...I love the food.. it's that..I feel really thankful..thank you for raising me even though I wasn't your biological child.." Lisa blinked away the tears and swallowed the roughness in her throat.

Her mom and dad smiled while in tears, hugging her. "You don't have to thank us..we thank you..for being our lovely daughter.. you were so good to us, you ate well, you shared your belongings with your brother..you were such a good daughter..we are glad to have you.."

Becca patted her hair, smiling at the memories. "She's not my real sister?!" Eli's eyes widened as he overheard the conversation between them.

"She's not your real sister but she's nothing less."  Conner smiled.
.
.
.
The cool icy breeze blew to her face and she shivered, hugging herself. "What are you doing up here?" Ace came up with two coffee mugs in his hands. He offered Wendy one mug before sipping from the other.

"It feels nice. This is like the only place I like in your mansion" Wendy shut her eyes feeling the relaxing sensation.

They were on a terrace of the mansion. "well you're not wrong.." he agreed.

"Are you..going back tomorrow?" He turned his head to her. "maybe..maybe not..I can always stay back here.. right?"

"Of course..why not" he awkwardly laughed. "About Lisa..I hope you understand-"

"no..I don't want to understand..I don't want to give up..not like this at least.. can't you..love me back?" Her voice broke as she was desperate to find a beginning.

"I'm sorry..I really am.." He looked away instantly.

"Tsh..you make me sound hopeless..I hope we could be friends to the least" Ace continued as he gave it a thought. "I don't wanna be just friends." She said. "Come on, let's go somewhere"
.
.
.
"Were you close to my biological mother?" Lisa asked Becca, the mother who raised her. "No..but I was close to your biological father in a way." She gave it a thought.

"I was the top maid working under him. We were very poor at that time and so I worked continuous jobs. Being a maid was one of them. Your father wasn't the best of person. I remember when I first saw your mother and that was the last time actually.."

Lisa nodded, interested. "Who is my biological father? Where is he right now??"

"y-you really wanna know?" Lisa nodded again.

~Time skip~

Her footsteps echoed across the hallway. She stopped walking and stood infront of one of the prison cells.

The man who was in the cell ignored her, thinking that she was a police officer. "you don't know me?" Lisa asked the person.

The man furrowed his eyebrows, unable to recognise her. "I'm disappointed..you forgot about me and mom so easily" her voice hinted the fact that she was deeply hurt.

"You're alive" that was the only thing he said and Lisa looked away, trying to hide her tears. "was I supposed to be dead? I'm very glad you're in jail right now..I will forget the fact that someone like you are my biological father.."

"I'm sorry Lisa.." she didn't want to hear more from him and so she walked away leaving him upset but not surprised. Her biological father always expected her to come by and visit him.
.
.
.
"why are we in a skating ring this late?!" Ace groaned and Wendy chuckled before giving his roller  skates.

She entered the skating ring and started skating in a lap. Ace's legs were shaking as he carefully entered. "I can't believe you're scared." She laughed.

"I'll guide you" she whispered in his ears before taking his hands. They skated together in the ring. They kept glancing at eachother, hearts beating fast.

"This is getting boring. Let's play hockey!!" She exclaimed and his face fell.

They got dressed accordingly to play hockey and she flipped her hair in his face before putting on the helmet. "this is not fair!!!" He bleated.

The game started and they started playing, their bodyguards watching the game.

She skated with the hockey stick pushing the rubber puck. Ace followed her, trying his hardest to snatch the rubber puck.

To be continued..