✨18✨

18: Beach day!!

18: Beach day!!

He leaned in and tucked in a strand of her hair that was falling on her face.

He frowned as his eyes scanned her bruises and injuries. He held her hand and put his head on the hospital bed looking at her face.

"I'm sorry.." he whispered before closing his eyes feeling sleepy. For him, it was rare to sleep. Probably because he had to go through a lot of trauma in the past.

But with her around him, he could finally engulf the warm feeling. The feeling of true home.
.
.
.
Lisa's eyes fluttered open and she then she realised that she was in the hospital.

A sigh of relief escaped her mouth. She saw how Ace was holding her hand while sleeping like a baby. Uncontrollably, a small smile appeared on her face.

She retreated her hand and carefully stood up. Her head was aching a lot but she ignored it. She made her way towards the bathroom.

Suddenly, her vision blurred for a while causing her to lose her balance. She closed her eyes shut to feel her body hit the cold ground but the moment never came.

Instead, her back fell onto a muscular body who she assumed as Ace. Ace's hand was on her waist.

Lisa gulped and stood back up. "What are you doing out of bed?" He groggily questioned in his deep morning voice.

"I w-wanted to go to the bathr-room" she stuttered as she could feel the headache worsen.

Ace nodded exhaling before carrying her, earning a gasp from Lisa. "I'll carry you there" he said walking towards the bathroom.

After he put her down, she went in to use the bathroom while he went to another bathroom to freshen up.

He finished earlier than her and entered the VIP room. Last night, he brought a couple of clothes to the hospital for him to wear since he wouldn't go back to the hotel anytime soon. Not without her.

He wore a grey hoodie along with sweatpants. He sat down on the couch just to stand back up again because he heard cries through the bathroom door.

A look of concern washed on his face and he knocked on the door. "Are you okay? Lisa?" He didn't hear a reply. "Open the door Lisa..don't make me break the door and find you" Ace warned and she hesitantly opened the door.

His chest felt tight as he couldn't help but look at her tear filled eyes and at her red nose.

Ace put his hand on her shoulder and pushed her to him, embracing her. His arms wrapped loose around her neck as she cried. "I-It hurts.." she said in a trembling voice.

He rubbed circles on her back to tell her it's going to be okay. Soon, she stopped crying.

~A week later~

It had been a week since the incident and now they had only four days to spend their honeymoon vacation.

Lisa had been very distant from Ace and he would wonder why. It kinda upset him. But he didn't leave any opportunity to start a conversation.

"You want to go to the beach?" Lisa, who was deeply in thoughts asked him randomly. "Yes!!" He grinned at her suggestion.

Lisa took a shower and changed her outfit into a casual blue flowy dress that had straps. Ace wore a buttoned shirt that was dark blue in colour and beige coloured shorts.

"Umm..why do we always have matching outfits.." she furrowed her eyebrows and he shrugged. "Come on now"
.
.
.
The windy breeze hit their faces and the tide came up to her sandals. Seeing the ocean made her feel at peace.

He inhaled and exhaled at the calming sight. But deep down, he was curious. "Why did we come here" He breathed out.

"Why not..we have four days left here..might as well make the best use of it.." a sinister smile was on her face.

"Let's go get something to drink huh" Ace took her hand into his and walked over to the lemonade stand. They bought two for themselves and Ace took a sip.

Lisa was already walking when Ace was frozen infront of the lemonade stand.

His eyes were fixed on a particular thing that the lemonade stand was selling.

He was amazed by the locket necklace that had an ancient looking gold small ornament.

To be continued..