✨63✨

63: His decision

63: His decision.

She walked out wearing the gown Jia had selected for her. "Gorgeous" Jia winked at Lisa who couldn't stop a smile from forming on her face.

"What are you choosing?" Lisa raised an eyebrow playfully. "I really like this one, what do you think?" She asked as she showed Lisa a beautiful blue gown.

"Well, try it on"

~A few days later~ (i have no idea how courtrooms/ trials work btw)

Whispers from people were heard across the court room, Drew, the king of Werthon couldn't help but keep his head down. Never did he ever thought that he would be sitting in the court room as a defendant.

There were cameras in the room that were recording him live and journalists sitting.

He knew that he brought disgrace upon his family by the degrading deeds he had done.

Sierra, his wife sighed as her head was hurting from everything that was going on. Ace held her hand to comfort her, which made her send him a small smile.

Lisa weakly looked at the king who was completely miserable.

The lawyer or prosecutor who was fighting against the king spoke. "Your honour, the plaintiff had sent a written complaint along with evidence that the defendant has committed this felony. I would like to call out a few witnesses who were there at the bar that day"

The first witness sat down and the king felt himself go stiff.

"Please testify truthfully" the witness nodded.

"I am Ronald Wolten and I saw the king at the bar talking to some people carrying around a suitcase"

He told and answered some more questions the prosecutorr asked. The next witness was a female who had direct contact with the king. "I was with the king for a minute or two that day."

"Why exactly were you with the king? Did you have a secret affair going on with him? Or were you a waitress who coincidentally came across him?"

"we umm.." the female nervously looked at the prosecutor.

"Objection, your honour!" The attorney or lawyer who was siding with the king raised his voice. The judge nodded giving him permission to speak. "Isn't this trying to make her say what he wants her to say?"

"Prosecutor, continue" the man nodded before asking her the same question.

"Truthfully, we had an affair.." she said lowering her head in shame as gasps were heard. "Your honour, the defendant was cheating on his wife, the queen of Werthon whilst selling illegal drugs..this is all I have to say."

The prosecutor bowed and sat down, nodding to Lisa who was nervous. "The lawyer or attorney of the defendant, please announce your research"

"First of all-"

The attorney lawyer was interrupted by the king himself. "My apologies but I will confess..I'll confess to all my crimes.."

The attorney lawyer's eyes widened. "good decision, continue"

"Right..I sold illegal drugs in that bar, I cheated on my wife not once but many times..I lied to and manupilated my own sons and I was the reason why my eldest son commited suicide..I brainwashed and kidnapped my best friend's, another king's daughter..I was the reason to her mother's death..

and she's right here in this room to conform you all my crimes.. I'm sincerely sorry, I will repent and pay the price of my crimes by rotting in jail for the rest of my life..but please..my family must not be tormented for the things I did." He stood up and bowed apologetically, the camera zooming on him.

Lisa smiled as tears rolled down her face.

mom, I think you can finally rest in peace now..

She thought as the prosecutor started speaking again.

"Former king of Werthon Drew Grayson, you are sentenced to jail for 10 years."
.
.
.
Lisa noticed the uncomfortable silence that lingered in the air when Ace was driving. Of course, he would be very upset that his father was now in jail for about ten years.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled glancing at her. "Don't be..I'm just happy that he chose the right decision"

"To think that he cheated on mom..to think that he hurt you, your mother and his elder son..it just breaks me.." he bit his lip, thinking.

"Then don't think..just lean on me..this time don't leave me..don't abandon me just let me be apart of your life." She smiled.

"I thought you hated me.." he whispered.

To be continued..
.
.
.
What are you thinkin right now huh?