✨42✨

42: Prank?

42: Prank?

She started driving with one hand in such a speed, it made Ace sober and scared. He held the handle on top of the car very tightly, his knuckles turning white. He bit his lip as she showed no response.

She ignored and played some loud music, the song being a Black Atlass song. She made a harsh turn and stopped the car. Wendy toned down the music.

She grinned as she turned her head to him. "Sober now?"

Is she psycho...why is she grinning like that..

Especially with her gothic black outfit she looked like a complete baddie. "Why are you looking at me like that? Started liking me?" She winked and started driving again but much slower.

"Of course not. You're just scary" he snickered. "I'm scary pretty, I know" she said in a sassy way. "Stop drinking at bars like this. It's bad for your health.. and reputation. Thus our wedding is on August 1st. Which is next week."

"Yeah yeah whatever" he rolled his eyes. "Wanna go on late night date?"

He shook his head as a no. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Why did you even ask?!" He groaned. "First is a short drive and then we can go somewhere to eat. I'm so hungry" she ignored his words again.

"Psycho" she hissed at his words. "I'm a psycho making a difference. And thank you for the compliment, Je vous aime" she said something in French catching him off guard. "What does that mean?"

"That's for you to find out" she chuckled and stopped the car again. "Get out" they got out of the car and got into the convenience store. The shop keeper bowed to them both.

She walked to the snacks isle with Ace following her like a puppy who's dying to get out. She took her hands out of her black hoodie and ran her fingers through her black hair, she had loose bangs.

Being the indecisive person she is, she spent 7 minutes on picking a bag of chips, chocolates and drinks. After paying for them, the two exited the store and got into the car again.

She began eating like a monster. For once she thought of sharing. She lent him a bag of chips along with cola. "Thanks but I still hate you"

"I love you too" she smiled and he rolled his eyes. "Stop loving me. I don't deserve it and I can never love you back." He explained.

"It's not that easy to control love or hate." She took a sip from her cola.

Suddenly something was thrown onto the front window of the car that made the glass shatter. Ace and Wendy were beyond terrified. Their loud and fast breathing and beating of heart were heard.

Cuts on their faces, thankfully not that much because Ace pushed their heads down before the thing hit the window.

"w-what..was t-that" she asked in a shaky voice. They exited the car and ran towards the thing. It was a huge bag and they wondered what was inside of it. In a horror movie, it would be a dead corpse but when he carefully opened it, it was a dummy body.

He exhaled feeling an unsettling feeling resting in him. "It's okay..someone is pulling a prank on us"

"H-How dare they?!" She furiously ran her fingers through her hair, clamping her eyes shut before she grabbed her phone, calling her bodyguards.
.
.
.
"I'm really sorry this happened to you both. Next time you both go out, please take the guards with you" As soon as the sun rose, they were having s family meeting.

Wendy was back at her mansion in Kirovia.

The families decided on strengthening the security system so that no-one gets hurt again.

The wedding preparations weren't stopped instead, they continued with it as if nothing happened.

Ace and Wendy became a little closer. Not that Ace had started developing feelings towards her, it was more of friendship.

Although, Wendy was in love with him, he didn't see that to work out. It had been six days since the incident making it a day's time left for the wedding.

Ace would be lying if he said that he felt happy and not anxious. He kept going back to his happy memories, the ones where he felt warm and complete unlike now.

To be continued..
.
.
.
Hi....

I..I love you!!