✨28✨

28: Fake sympathy, not friends

She rushed downstairs and took a bowl full of cold water. She went back upstairs and grabbed a small towel from a drawer.

She dampened the towel in the water and placed it on his forehead. She kept doing that for quite a while before she got tired herself. Her eyes barely remained open, she placed her head on the bed and fell asleep on the spot.

In the middle of the night, cold sweat trickled down from his forehead. His year stained face indicated that he was having a nightmare again. His hand desperately searched for her hand and once he found it, he held it tightly, wanting to never let go.
.
.
.
He was the one to wake up first. When he was standing up, the small towel that was on his forehead, fell onto his lap. He placed it on the tray before getting up quietly and leaving to the bathroom.

His fever was now gone and he felt much better. She woke up at the sound of the annoying alarm. Lisa was practically ignoring the alarm clock when Ace turned it off. "How's your fever? Do you feel any pain" she asked snapping back to the reality.

"fever is gone..but.." Lisa stood up. "but what?! You want me to call the royal doctor?" She remembered the phone number her mother-in-law gave her. "no doctor could help the pain I'm feeling" that's when her eyes softened. He let out a bitter chuckle.

"it's okay..I should be okay" he told her, avoiding eye contact. "I never asked you but..I'm curious..I'm dying to know what your nightmares are about and why you get them literally every night.."

"It's none of your business" he harshly replied as he made his way towards the door. She grabbed his arm, stopping him from going. "How is it not my business when you're hurting" she whispered.

"let me hurt! No one's around..no one's looking..i don't need your fake sympathy..just how we talked about when we got into a contract marriage!"

"We are friends aren't we?.."

"No, we can never be friends..because this feeling is definitely not a feeling a friend can feel.."
He yanked his arm out of her hand and left the room leaving her frozen.

I really care about you, prince Ace...but I guess you would never understand..

She thought as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She forced a smile trying to force away the tears and continued with her morning routine.
.
.
.
"Wanna hang out today?" Jia linked her arms around Lisa's as they were walking to the cafeteria. "Is it possible to sleep over at your place tonight?" Lisa stopped as soon as she saw Ace.

"Why? Did something happen?" Jia questioned in concern. "No.. nothing at all" she lied under her breath. Ace and Lisa were lost in eachother's eyes before Ace broke the eye contact.

Jia noticed the tension between them. "Let's sit with them" she pulled her to the table where Ace, Ahn and Eli were sitting. "Sup boys" Jia sat down.

"Damn I miss Riley already" she said as the atmosphere was silent. "I'm going to go" Lisa told her and stood up. She took her backpack and left within a blink.

"What happened to her?" Eli asked curiously and Jia shrugged. Her eyes not leaving the guilty look on Ace's face. "you should apologize to her if you feel that guilty" she advised. "I refuse to take back my words because I know that what I said was true"

He managed to say and walked towards the bathroom stalls. He stopped as soon as he heard a familiar voice sobbing in the girls bathroom.

She wiped her face and came outside, facing her. He wanted to push her away but she didn't want to be pushed away. Why? Because she liked him.

She grabbed his wrist and held his hand. She intertwined their fingers. "wow..my hand fits in your hand perfectly" she cooed trying to conceal her shaky voice when he tried his best in avoiding her. He let go of her hand and walked away.

is this how it's going to be for the next 7 months of our contract marriage..?

Voices filled her head as she felt horrible.

To be continued..
.
.
.
What's gonna happen next.. 👀

I feel bad for Lisa although you guys might find her annoying-