✨37✨

37: Broken promise

37: Broken promise.

Roses are red
Violets are blue,
All the memories we had
Our love was true..

But..if only it lasted..

She waited impatiently for him in the cold room. Eight months since they met and those eight months were spent together with him and she didn't seem to regret anything.

She loved him and he meant the world to her. Minutes ago she received a text from Ace which told her that he needed to tell her something.

Her heart was pounding as the clock's tick tock sound made her anxious. The door opened revealing Ace and some other man who carried some papers.

The sides of her lips turned upright as soon as she saw him. Standing up, she waited as they walked to her. "Did I make you wait long..?" His voice echoed across the room. "Nope. I don't mind waiting even a hour for you."

"Hello, I am Carter Joe, lawyer of the prince." The man introduced himself bowing slightly to her. "O-Oh what brings you here?"

"Let's not see eachother anymore.." as soon as those words left his mouth, her heart broke into pieces. "F-Funny joke but Ace, I-I don't like jokes like this and you know that very well..please tell me you're joking.." her eyes brimmed with tears.

"I'm sorry Lisa, this is over for us..there is no us anymore. And that's exactly why I need you to sign these papers and leave.." he coldly said as if he wasn't sad at all.

The lawyer, Carter Joe handed her the papers. "Is this what you meant when you promised me that you will never leave me?! Why did you lie to me.." she felt broken and vulnerable.

"Promises are meant to be broken..I'll assume that you will sign these papers and send it to me."

"Please don't leave me..please..I'm sorry..but please don't do this to me.." she fell on her knees begging him as she held his leg to stop him from leaving. She helplessly cried as he didn't show any reaction.

He said. "let go or I'll call the police. And um..don't come back to the mansion. I sent your belongings back to your house." He continued and left along with Carter Joe.

Her hands trembled as she opened the file of papers. It stated that the contract marriage had come to an end and that they should never meet again.

She took the pen and signed the paper hesitantly while tears fell from her eyes. Dropping the pen, her gaze fell to her ring, the ring which was meant to be a promise.

She pulled the ring off of her finger and placed it on the file.

______________________________________

"Ice-cream. Remember that carnival day we had? You wanted to eat ice-cream but couldn't. So I bought two for both of us!!" He explained as he took his chocolate flavoured ice-cream.

"You're unbelievable. It's so cold and we are eating ice-cream." She chuckled. "Still, thank you prince Ace" she thoughtfully added.

They sat in the car and Lisa turned the radio on to a calm song. The atmosphere was settling and peaceful. They listened quietly as they are their ice-cream, appreciating eachother's company.
______________________________________

"It's a promise ring. After the 8- I mean 7 now..huh..after the 7 months of our contract marriage..I want to start again with you..." He promised as he held her hands.

"It's a promise okay?" He chuckled at her cuteness.

______________________________________

She broke into loud sobs as she walked without a destination. The cold wind and the heavy rain was not an advantage in the situation.

The dark night was frightening as thunderstorms were heard. Not many people were up at this hour yet her phone buzzed with missed calls and messages that were from her family and friends.

Just as she was about to get to the other side of the road, a flash of light blocked her eyes and it widened as she realised that a car was coming her way. The driver was completely oblivious of her presence and was drunk for most part.

Her body froze as she couldn't move as the car came her way. The car hit her body and it went up before her body hit the road. Blood seeped through her head and wounds were seen. The driver was shocked at what she did and so she drove away without looking back while she blacked out, letting out deep breaths.

To be continued..