✨48✨

48: Glimpse of her struggles

_____flashback; three years ago____

"Lisa..I know you don't know me..but I'm Luke..your brother..see this picture of us together?..that's us.." Luke showed her a picture of them when they were toddlers.

Luke was 9 years old and Lisa was 1 years old in that picture. They had an eight years age gap. Luke was carrying baby Lisa in his arms while showing a toothy smile and affectionate eyes.

Lisa's eyes welled up with tears as she took the picture in her hand. "W-We..really are related.." she caressed the picture. "Our mom..S-She..died so wrongfully and I couldn't save her.." he wiped her tears as he continued explaining how their mother died.

Lisa was crying nonstop while Luke held her hand to comfort her, he was crying from the inside although he didn't show. "I w-won't forgive t-them..I'll get my revenge.."

She said trying to get up from the hospital bed but a sharp agonizing pain shot her thigh and she let out a whimper.

"I-I can't walk..I can't w-walk oh.. god..noo.." she bit her lip as she felt useless yet again. "The glass hit a sensitive area in your thigh..but we have chances of getting you back on your feet with a surgery.."

"You're weak right now, we'll do the surgery once you're ready to endure the pain." Luke hugged her as she hid her face in her hands.

__________present____________________

For three years, she dealt with alot of trauma, pain and sufferings. For three years, she wanted to go get revenge, she wanted to avenge her mother's death.

Ace shook her shoulder lightly, bringing her back to reality. "Non of your business." She huffed before going under the covers on the bed.

Ace scratched the back of his neck, thinking about it. "C-Can I sleep with you?- I don't mean it in a dirty way but-"

"You're too loud" she groaned and he laughed before laying down next to her under the covers. He placed his arm on her waist from the top of the covers, careful not to hurt her. He snuggled closer to her and found himself a cozy sleep he yearned for years. Her scent brought him back home.

____memories; seven years ago_____

"Ace..what are you doing here this late?" Chase asked his sixteen year old brother who had tears in his eyes. "I'm scared.." he admitted, rubbing his glossy eyes.

Chase chuckled before letting him into his room. "What's wrong?" He asked giving him a glass of water. "W-Why did dad..yell at you..?" He reluctantly seeked for an answer.

Chase sighed as he took off his reading glasses. "I..I did something I shouldn't have done years ago.."

Ace furrowed his eyes, curious about what his brother had done wrong. "Let's talk about it later" he quickly added before smiling.

____________present__________________

"Ace..why are you so zoned out honey?" Sierra worriedly asked as she placed her hand on her shoulder. "Oh? Yeah it's nothing don't worry.."

Soon, everyone sat down to talk about the past events. Everyone except Lisa because she was out at the moment and of course, the king wouldn't include her in any family meetings.

"We're really sorry for what happened, princess Wendy." The king of Werthon, Drew sighed.

"I'm leaving tomorrow. I can't really handle the humiliation by staying here and so I want to leave as soon as possible." Wendy said looking at Ace.

"Sure-"

"Sure?! we can look at this the other way.. after that girl and Ace get out of the contract, we can move along with your marriage..what do you say?" Drew tried convincing.

"Dad..I'm not going to leave her..I don't want to get married to someone other than her.." Ace slightly raised his voice. "We'll see how long you both last together. Eventually, you will have to get with Princess Wendy."
.
.
.
"By the way..are you in touch with Jia..?" Lisa cleared her throat. "Actually..ever since you "died", she was very depressed..after graduation, I think she moved to abroad..I'm not quite sure since we weren't very.. close.."

Eli brushed his messy hair with his hands. Lisa pressed her lips in a thin line before she sipped from her drink. "H-How about Riley and prince Ahn?"

"I don't know.." she nodded and Eli placed his hand on her hand. "I'm really happy to have you back"

To be continued..