✨55✨

55: I still love you

"I-I..want to go home" Wendy stammered as she told her uncle who came to pick her up.

Meanwhile, the nurse called the last person called on the patient's phone. Lisa, who was still at bed rest, picked the call.

"Oh bro, did you get there safely?"

The nurse assumed her as a relative.

"Are you the sister of this phone's owner? Doctor Luke Wilson met with an accident but he is out of danger.. hopefully. And he is in ICU here."

Lisa almost dropped her phone.

"W-Which hospital is t-this?"

"Central hospital of Kirovia"

"I'll be there!"

Lisa ended the call and got out of bed. Pain shot through her body and she almost fell if she hadn't gripped the chair that was kept against the bed.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and wore a sweater after stripping from her loose crop top.

She was about to leave without no-one noticing but Eli, who came to visit her, stopped her.

"Yah, where are you going at this state?" He questioned as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I-I didn't tell you this before but...I have a brother..he is currently in the ICU..I have to see him.." Lisa panicked and Eli sighed. "I'll drop you there" he smiled making Lisa say thank you.

Eli lifted her up in a bridal style and walked down the stairs. No-one was there to notice and so he took Lisa to his car, driving her.

"Which hospital?"

"Central hospital of Kirovia" she replied, fidgeting her fingers. "Kirovia?! That's a long ride. I had plan- I'll drive you there don't worry.." he said, all of a sudden cancelling his plans.

"I'm sorry.."
.
.
.
"Do you..want me to go in with you?" He asked as she got out of the car. "No..you should go now, I'll introduce you to him in person very soon" she weakly smiled and walked into the hospital, wincing in every step she took.

Unknown to eachother, Wendy and Lisa crossed eachother's paths. Wendy was leaving when she was arriving yet they didn't know.

Lisa sat down on a chair next to the hospital bed. "Is this what you meant when you said you had to visit the hospital in Kirovia? I don't want you to hurt like this.."

She cried, hiding her face in her hands. Luke slowly opened his eyes and brought his hand to take off the oxygen mask. "Lisa.." he called out, his voice barely audible.

Lisa wiped her tears and held his hand. "Are you okay? Do you want me to call the doctor?" Luke mouthed a no.

"S-Should we...run away from everything..?" She asked. "w-will you be okay?" He whispered.

"A part of you..still loves him.." he continued. "I don't want to love him..I can give up everything.."

"No, we should make the king regret everything he did in the past.." He placed his other hand on her hand.

The nurse came inside and checked up on Luke. "you'll get better soon."

She smiled and left. "Let's talk when you get some rest hm?" Luke nodded, closing his eyes.

Lisa's phone buzzed and she checked it out.

______________________________________

Ace

Ace:
where are you?
you should be resting
at home, right here

Lisa:
don't worry about me

Ace:
how can I not,
i still love you..
seen

______________________________________

Lisa put her phone on silent as she didn't want to text him. She sighed thinking about life.

I don't want to go back..but I have to.

She thought.
.
.
.
She placed her phone on the bed side table before limping to the bathroom. Lisa was now back at home because Luke told her to. Lisa asked the doctor in charge, Luke's friend to take care of him when she's not there.

As she was going to push the door open, the door was pulled making her lose her balance.

She fell on top of Ace who just came out from the shower with nothing but a towel wrapped around his torso.

Butterflies were flying in her stomach but she didn't want to feel that feeling. "where were you" his husky voice broke the silence, he wrapped his arms around her waist bringing her closer.

She took a glimpse of his deep blue ocean eyes. "J-Just somewhere" she cursed at herself for stuttering. She was always stuttering these days.

To be continued..