10.The Ritual

(They all got ready.
Faisu went to office. Sid came down and sat on sofa waiting for Avu. After five minutes she came with VA.
Sid saw her and got lost in her. VA came towards him and shook him. He came in sense. VA chuckled.)

VA : If you are done staring at my daughter in law. Then I think you should go. The temple is far from here.

Sid : yeah.

VA : Sid don't forget to do all rituals.

Sid : yes mom.

(They both went towards car. Avu sat on passenger sit. Sid sat on driver sit)

Sid : Umm.. You have to wear sitbelt till we reach village . After that you don't have to wear. I loosened it for you. Just be careful while tieing it.

(Avu just nodded. She wore the belt. Then Sid started driving. The temple is far from their city. It's in jungle type area. They covered the city part.Then they entered in jungle.)

Sid : I brought fruits for you from home. You should eat them. We have more than two hours to reach there. And it's afternoon. So you should eat.

Avu : W... What... a.. about...y.. you?
Sid : I am not hungry. It's fine. You eat them.

(Avu nodded and eat some fruits. Soon they reached there. They both got down)

Sid : There are more than 200 stairs to reach the temple. And there is ritual to carry your wife in your arms till temple. And besides you are pregnant. You should not walk these much stairs. So. Can I?

(Avu nodded. He took her in bridal style carefully and gently. Avu put her arms around his neck. He got goosebumps because of her touch.)

Avu : Umm....y..you.. w.i... l... l feel.. t.. tired
Sid : Absolutely not. Because you are like a feather.

(Avu smiled. They reached the temple. Sid put Avu down carefully. Pandit ji came and they did the pooja. When pooja ends Avu was about to bend down for taking blessings from pandit ji but.. Sid held her.)

Sid : Avu.. I mean Avneet you should not bend down.

(Avu nodded)

Pandit Ji : Jeete raho beta. Akhand saubhagyawati bhava. Aap dono ke beech jo pyar hain woh hamesha badhta rahe.

(They both looked at each other with amusement. Soon they left from there. Again they came towards stairs. Avu is looking tired.

Sid again took her in bridal style)

Avu : Why.. you...are..

Sid : Shh. I know you are tired. It's ok.

(Avu smiled which he returned. They reached towards car. Sid put her down. She went and took water bottle from car and give it to Sid. Sid smiled at her and drank water. Till now there is dark. They both sat in car. Sid started the car but car is not starting. He checked the car.)

Sid : I don't know what happened to it. In this jungle we can't find the mechanic also. Yaha pe network bhi nahi hain. Now what to do.

(He put his head in his hands)

Avu :
.
.
.
EOC***