seven.

We got to the hospital in about twenty minutes. The entire car ride there, neither of us said anything. We were brought up to Taehyun's room a few minutes after arriving.

"Please take your time," said the nurse who brought us here.

"Thank you," Kai muttered. The nurse nodded and left the two of us with Taehyun.

He had bandages across his chest and on his left arm. There were tubes up his nose and needles in his right arm. I choked back tears seeing him like this.

Before I could collapse on the floor, Kai caught me and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"I'm here. I'm here," he said as I started crying. He tightened his embrace around me and started caressing my shoulders.

"Taehyun, I'm so sorry," I said. I kept saying these words over and over, hoping that the still boy in front of me would hear them. I released myself from Kai's hold and sat at the side of Taehyun's bed, taking his cold right hand between mine.

"Kai, can I..."

He understood. He left the room and closed the door behind him.

I turned back to Taehyun. "I miss you," I whispered. "Please come back to me soon..." I planted a soft kiss on his forehead, hoping that he would wake up. Just like in the movies.

He didn't.

And even though I knew a kiss wouldn't be enough to heal him, part of me wished he had opened his eyes right then and there.

"I miss you," I repeated. "I... I love you."

It was my first time saying those three little words to him.

I wish he'd heard me.