thirty.

(kai's POV)

"Someone looks happy," Beomgyu said as soon as I entered the dorm. "Did you win the lottery or something?"

Was I really smiling that much? "No," I replied. "First of all, you know I think buying lottery tickets is stupid. Second of all, why was that the first thing that came to mind?"

"I don't know... Aren't people usually happy when they win the lottery?"

"Beomgyu, they would be screaming up and down, not just casually entering a room." I looked around and saw that the living room and kitchen seemed empty. "Where are Yeonjun and Soobin?"

"Soobin is still asleep. Yeonjun went to visit Taehyun."

A dreadful feeling overcame me as soon as I heard my best friend's name. I'd forgotten that he was still very much part of the picture.

"Apparently, he woke up this morning!"

My mouth fell open. "He did?!"

"Yes! Wait, why do you sound like you're not happy?"

"No, I am... I'm so happy... But also shocked..."

"I was too. He was awake for a few minutes but then right as Yeonjun got there, he drifted back to sleep. I think it's the pain meds they're giving him."

"Why didn't you go with Yeonjun?"

"He told me he wanted to talk to Taehyun alone."

"Oh." I didn't need to ask why to know that I probably had something to do with it.