thirty six.

"Y/N? Is everything okay?"

I didn't expect to hear Yeonjun's voice. "Yeonjun, where's Kai?"

"He went out without a word and he left his phone," he answered. "Why, is something up?"

"I just wanted to talk to him."

"I think you know where to find him. But let me know if he's not there."

"Alright. Thanks."

⟢⟣⟢⟣⟢⟣

I wasn't surprised to see him sitting with his bare feet grazing the stream. He was wearing a light green sweater with blue jeans. His hair was a slight mess, as usual.

"Kai?"

He turned his head upon hearing his name. "Y/N?"

"Hey." I sat down beside him. "Figured you'd be here."

"You know me too well."

We both grew silent as we stared at our reflection in the water. It was already dark out so I could barely see anything, but I did see that Kai was looking at me intently.

"I saw Taehyun today."

"Really? I stopped by a couple of days ago."

"He was awake when I went."

Kai didn't say anything for a few seconds. "O-oh... How is he?"

"He's still healing but he was glad to see me."

"Of course he was. He loves you."

I turned to face Kai. "But... I'm not sure how I feel about him..."

Kai scoffed. "To be fair, you're not sure how you feel about me either..."

But I think I do, Kai.

"He kissed me," I said quietly, looking back at the water. I didn't need to look at Kai to know that he was surprised. "But for some reason, I... I didn't feel anything."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... I guess I was wrong about how I felt about him this entire time." Kai's hand had found its way over mine.

"So, you're saying..."

I faced Kai again. "Yes. I don't think I love him." I wanted to cry after saying those words since it was so hard to believe them.

"What are you going to do now?"

It would be wrong to say that I didn't know. Especially when I was sure I was now in love with the boy in front of me.

So I kissed him. Hard. And I curled my fingers into his hair and around his nape. And I pulled him closer to me.

And for the first time, I let myself feel all the wonderful emotions I used to push away.

Because nothing else felt more right than Kai.