sixteen.

"Y/N!" Kai called after me, but I only walked faster. I didn't know where I was heading, but I knew it had to be away from him.

The same little voice that was questioning me was now teasing me.

I knew it! You're confused! You're just too scared to admit that—

I felt a hand wrap around my wrist. Of course, it was Kai's.

"Okay, you have been acting so weird these past two minutes and I am concerned." Kai let go of my wrist but he kept his eyes locked on mine. "First, you angrily throw the coin into the water like it hurt you. And then you walk away from me without explanation?"

"I'm sorry Kai," I muttered. "I just had a bad flashback and so I panicked."

Kai's mouth folded into a frown. "Oh... Do you wanna head back to your place?"

"I think so."

"Alright, let's go."

⟢⟣⟢⟣⟢⟣

"So much for a morning walk, huh," I said once Kai and I got to my doorstep.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Kai reassured me. "It was still a nice walk."

"Thanks for asking me out—" I brought my hand to my mouth upon realizing what I'd just said. "Wait! No! I didn't mean—"

"I know what you meant," Kai chuckled. "And anytime. Call me up whenever you feel like going on another walk!"

"Will do."

"So I'll see you soon? In a few days?"

I nodded. "Or whenever I'm in the mood for chaos!"

Kai smiled. "I look forward to it." He leaned forward to hug me, but I beat him to it. I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him down to match my height. The taller boy paused for a second before wrapping his arms around my back.

"Alright, time for you to go," I said as I released the embrace. "I have to do my laundry."

"Good luck with that!"

I waved at Kai as he entered his car and drove away. When I saw that he was gone, I quickly unlocked my door and collapsed on the couch.

It had been the longest morning of my life.