kh1(8)

Kairi stared at the heartless ships with a gulp. What incoming darkness were they approaching?

To clear her mind, she thought of the other world's they'd visited.

In Neverland, they'd learned to fly. In Atlantica, they'd swimmed like never before. Halloween Town, they were turned into monsters. And there were so many more, and they were all different.

"Sure is excitin'!" Goofy told them.

"Hurry up, Sora!" Donald squawked.

Kairi giggled. "It isn't like this is his job, Donald. Let him keep trying, he's learning."

Donald just grumbled, crossing his arms in disapproval.

"Aw, lighten up, Donald." Goofy leaned on the side of the latter's chair.

As they continued flying, Kairi felt a headache, and leaned back in her chair for support. Eventually, it numbed, and she just watched Sora maneuvering the Gummi Ship.

He looked so calm.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sora was far from calm.

He wasn't necessarily panicking, but he wasn't steady either. In his mind, the brunette was going through ever possible spell he knew.

They were going to who knows where, and if he didn't know the right spell at the right time, it could cost them.

"Can someone else take over?" Sora asked.

"I'll take a turn." Kairi stepped next to the seat. "Are you tired?"

"More like nervous." Sora admitted.

"Never would have guessed."

Sora traded places with Kairi, and pulled a small notebook out of his pocket, flipping to a page on summons.

He and Kairi shared the ability to summon creatures. But Sora knew the specific motions, while Kairi just waved her keyblade in hopes that it worked.

He practiced the motions with his hand and flipped the page, looking at all the spells he'd learned, and which ones were better to use at some things.

Fire is far ranged, so it's good for faraway enemies, and using Firaga would probably be best. Blizzard is a jump and use spell, so it best works in the air. Thunder is far ranged as well-

"Whatcha readin', Sora?"

Sora glanced on his shoulder to see Jiminy, who was looking at his notes.

"Just my notes for spells and stuff. I wanna be prepared for whatever we have to face."

"Ah, I see. Maybe I can help?"

"Thank you, Jiminy, but I think I'm fine." Sora replied.

"If ya say so."

"Oh! I should look through our items. We may need some later." Sora put his notebook on his seat, heading for the back of the ship.

He opened a cabinet on the side, and looked at the colors.

"I think we should have a fair amount of potions. Ethers, we may need. Elixirs, that's debatable." He mumbled to himself.

"Donald, how many ethers should we have?" Sora asked.

"Maybe two or three." The duck answered.

Sora picked up six of the small cube shaped bottles and set them down, the sparkly blue substance shaking up as he set it down.