kh2(17)

T/W: Long chapter

Ventus walked down the hallway absentmindedly. He had his hands behind his head, walking stiffly. But he caught himself before he fell. It was at least 9:00, and there were still some people who hadn't come down to breakfast. And, lucky Ven, he was tasked with getting said people to come downstairs.

As he passed a door, he was reminded of the two people he had to wake up, and a few memories resurfaced. They were good ones, but didn't make him smile, or anything like that. Ven hadn't genuinely smiled in years, but it didn't really prick at him. And, anyhow, if it did, Vanitas would simply absorb the pain.

But, these two people had been with Ventus for only a matter of days, and they were all good friends. At least, that's what Ven thought. Some hints of doubt began to seep in, and he frowned harder. But he shook most of it off, and continued through the hall.

That door he had passed only moments ago made him leave a mental note to wake Ikrux after he did Roxas. Their doors were on opposite sides of the hallway, and just a door or two down from one another.

Ventus lowered his hands from his head when he approached the door to Roxas' room. He yawned, stretching his arms upward. He wasn't particularly tired, but somewhat bored. Even Vanitas was quiet, and that was saying something.

"I'm just bored, same as you. Don't even think for a second that I disappeared."

"Oh, great, the demon in my head is back. How wonderful."

Ven shook his arms after he was done stretching, and then moved to touch the door handle. But a splicing headache cut him off, and his hand fell, then raised to hold his head. Obviously, Vanitas wasn't in a mood for jokes.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry! Just quit it!"

On cue, his headache ceased. That didn't stop him from feeling exhausted though. Ventus slumped against the door in an attempted to catch his breath, and then shot a mental glare at Vanitas. Not that it really worked. Vanitas was mostly just a pair of golden eyes, if even that. Most of the time, he was just a voice. Ven didn't know why Vanitas wouldn't show his appearance, if he even had one.

Ventus twisted the doorknob slowly to the room. He didn't want to disturb anyone. Inside the room, it was fairly dark, but the light from the hallway left enough for him to be able to see. And what he saw, he wasn't exactly expecting. He didn't know what he was even expecting, but this sure wasn't it.

Roxas was still asleep, which was fine. Yesterday and the day before had seemed exhausting for him, especially with him worrying over Ikrux. But Roxas was asleep with Ikrux. They were cuddling, specifically, but Ven still found it confusing. He knew the two were close, and had seen them sleep together before, when they were in Agrabah. But it still confused him.

Even so, Ventus didn't want to wake them. They looked so peaceful, and it felt rude to wake them up, even in the nicest way possible. Ven seeing them asleep made his chest feel warm, and he felt a small tug at the edges of his lips. The temptation was small, and he didn't give in to it, but it felt shocking. He didn't even remember the last time he had smiled.

Ven sighed grudgingly. He had technically been ordered to wake up the two boys- and this only made said order easier,- but they looked so peaceful. He couldn't just wake them. But he had to. Although..

"Ugh, would you just decide already? This is getting annoying."

Ventus rolled his eyes. He could take as much time as he pleased. Despite having to go on a quest/mission with Kairi and Aqua, but the latest they could leave was after noon, but that wasn't for hours. But that probably wasn't ideal, since it meant they would have to stay out late to complete the mission.